Join now - be part of our community!

WiFi EAP-SIM Xperia E

SOLVED
theprophet
Visitor

WiFi EAP-SIM Xperia E

Hello,

The XPeria E White Paper of december 2012 says, page 12, that EAP-SIM is supported for WiFi connections on this smartphone. However, I have this phone (bare, not linked to any operator, not simlocked), and there is no SIM option in the EAP section of WiFi security. What can I do to get it ?

Bonjour,

Le XPeria E White Paper de décembre 2012 stipule page 12 que l'EAP-SIM est pris en charge pour le WiFi sur ce smartphone. Cependant, j'en possède un (nu, pas lié à un opérateur, pas simlocké), et il n'y a pas l'option SIM dans la catégorie EAP de la sécurité WiFi. Comment dois-je faire pour en bénéficier ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rickard
Master

EAP-SIM is supported so that's very strange. Have you tried updating the phone using PC Companion? I have SIM as a selection under EAP method in my Xperia E running 11.3.A.2.13.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Rickard
Master

EAP-SIM is supported so that's very strange. Have you tried updating the phone using PC Companion? I have SIM as a selection under EAP method in my Xperia E running 11.3.A.2.13.

theprophet
Visitor

Hello,

I had totally forgotten that topic : indeed you're right, I had not done all the updates, and now that I'm up to date, the EAP-SIM option is available.

Thanks.