Join now - be part of our community!

How tp play .mov-files from a sony HDR CX110e on Windows

profile.country.de_AT.title
fredler79
New

How tp play .mov-files from a sony HDR CX110e on Windows

Is there a tool available for Windows XP or Windows 7 to play .mov-files from a sony HDR CX110e?

I tried several (including QuickViewPro) but did not succeed.

Is there a possibility?

BR

Franz

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Franz - welcome to the Sony Forums.

For .mov files, I have tried the official Divx player and had some success with this. The software, along with all of the necessary support files and codecs, can be found here:

http://www.divx.com/en/software/divx-plus/player

The software itself is free.

Good luck,

Simon

fredler79
New

Hi Simon,

thanks for your quick answer.

Unfortunately it did not help. I only get a black screen when starting to redner the .mov - file.

BR

Franz

Mick2011
New

.mov files are basically QuickTime files. Have you tried using QuickTime Player for Windows?

It's a free download from Apple.

Hope that helps

Mick

fredler79
New

Yes, the QuickTimne player was my first choice, but it only rendered the voice, the screen always remained dark.

Mick2011
New

There have been issues in the past with QT not rendering properly, often solved by using a different version of the player.

If you've got the most up-to-date version, try an older one, and vice-versa.

Hope that helps.

Mick

profile.country.it_IT.title
brorm2tsmac
Visitor

MOV? Are you sure the videos recorded from sony hdr-cx110e are .mov video files?

From here we could learn that the sony hdr-cx110e records avchd videos in 1920*1080 mts format or standered definition videos in mpeg2 format, except .mov format.

However, whatever the video formats your sony cx110e records in, there is need for you to convert your sony hdr-cx110e videos to wmv or avi for further playback on windows.

Maybe this tool could do you a favor: Brorsoft Video Converter.

It's able to convert videos among Tivo recordings, common video files like MKV, VOB, WMV, AVI, FLV, F4V, etc. and AVCHD, MTS/M2TS, MOD, TOD, VRO, MOV videos shot by Sony, Canon, JVC, Panasonic, Nikon camcorders or DSLR cameras.

The best important factor appropriates me to choose it is its large variety of video formats. I feel it is very dependable and does exactly what I need it to do. Overall I am very happy with it and feel it was a good investment of my money. So I thinks it's worth to try and you can have a free trial at first.

Regards,

brorm2tsmac