v11kal
Visitor

HDR-PJ10E & iMovie'11 - MTS file format

I have a HDR-PJ10E handycam

Settings:

REC Mode = HQ Standard

Frame Rate = 50i

HD Quality

the camera creates .MTS files and not mp4 which is says is able to create from the specification displayed on the product Technical Spec.

"Movie Format

HD:MPEG4-AVC/H.264 AVCHD™ format compatible(1080/50p:original format), STD:MPEG2-PS"

I am having to use a converter everythime to imports videos into iMovie, i have been the see a so called Genuis @ the Apple Store to help but he thinks its something to do with the camera. Imovie just crashes when i try and select the 'Import from Camera' option.

Is there anyway of getting the camera to create mp4 files rather than .mts files as default?

I would really appreciate anyones input into this issue.

Thanking you in advance.

KH

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
v11kal
Visitor

just brought a sandisk extreme HD Video 32gb  Class 10 SDHC memory card, devices it now available ti import videos via iMovie'11

Previous SD card used was Kingston 32GB Class 10 ultimate x 100x

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello v11kal - welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Although I am not a Mac user myself, in the past I have referred people to the Sony/Mac guide available on the official website. It is located here:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/topics/videotransfer

Although this guide is for a whole range of cameras, there are some points about having an Intel based Mac and other system requirements that may be causing problems i.e. you may have to erase all SD content from the camera first of all before trying to import AVCHD material.

Let me know if this helps you at all,

Simon

v11kal
Visitor

HI Thanks for the reply.

I have tried using this guide to transfer videos, however the camera is not being recongised in iMovie' 11.

The file format in which my videos are created are mts and not AVCHD - someone mentioned it may be a performance issue with my SD Card.

Any ideas?

v11kal
Visitor

HI Thanks for the reply.

I have tried using this guide to transfer videos, however the camera is not being recongised in iMovie' 11.

The file format in which my videos are created are mts and not AVCHD - someone mentioned it may be a performance issue with my SD Card.

Any ideas?

Oh......

You mention to deleting all SD content first of all, all of my recordings/pictures have been taken using the SD Card memory - that would just leave me with nothing at all.

v11kal
Visitor

just brought a sandisk extreme HD Video 32gb  Class 10 SDHC memory card, devices it now available ti import videos via iMovie'11

Previous SD card used was Kingston 32GB Class 10 ultimate x 100x

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

I am glad to hear that you have found a solution by changing the memory card. I will bear this in mind if I see similar questions in the future.

Thanks,

Simon

profile.country.it_IT.title
brorm2tsmac
Visitor

There is another method for you to import the sony hdr-pj10e mts videos to iMovie for further editing: