Join now - be part of our community!

Buffer Overflow HDR-CX115E

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
anil_funny
Visitor

Buffer Overflow HDR-CX115E

Hi,

This for first time i have purchased sony  HDR-CX115E camcorders yesterday i bought new camcorder & was testing  it today for all features i am facing below issues.

1.  I am using Sony Pro DUo memory card & recording no standard video  but it keep on giving "buffer overflow"error message i have gone through  many support forums it say it can be loud noise but i facing this error  while recording at my home in very silent place.

2. While zooming the video get blur & image get shaky & can see very dark on screen.

3. Just want to know if Transcend  - Flash memory card - 32 GB - Class 10 - SDHC will be supported on  HDR-CX115E & if not which memory card is suggested for this  camcorder.

Can anyone please provide views on above issues.

Thanks,

Anil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Anil - thanks for your message

If I could discuss the zoom first of all, when zooming into an image every single hand movement will become greatly exaggerated as the zoom gets closer and closer to the object and the actual impact of pressing the zoom button can add to this (I usually try and zoom before I start recording, although I understand that this isn't always practical). The built-in stabilisation will try and reduce this as much as possible.

Also, as this camera has 25x optical zoom, when you go beyond this level and the digital zoom takes over, there will be a loss in picture quality. If you take a look at page 57 of the manual (http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4170897141.pdf) you can adjust the digital zoom setting to have a maximum level to prevent you accidentally reducing the video quality by 'over zooming'.

Regarding the 'buffer overflow' issue, I would defintely advise experimenting with recording on the hard drive and on SD card to see if you encounter this issue. Your suggested SD card will be ok for this camera as it supports Class 4 and above. If you continue to encounter this problem whilst recording, please let me know on here and I will highlight this to some colleagues.

Thanks again,

Simon

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Anil - thanks for your message

If I could discuss the zoom first of all, when zooming into an image every single hand movement will become greatly exaggerated as the zoom gets closer and closer to the object and the actual impact of pressing the zoom button can add to this (I usually try and zoom before I start recording, although I understand that this isn't always practical). The built-in stabilisation will try and reduce this as much as possible.

Also, as this camera has 25x optical zoom, when you go beyond this level and the digital zoom takes over, there will be a loss in picture quality. If you take a look at page 57 of the manual (http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4170897141.pdf) you can adjust the digital zoom setting to have a maximum level to prevent you accidentally reducing the video quality by 'over zooming'.

Regarding the 'buffer overflow' issue, I would defintely advise experimenting with recording on the hard drive and on SD card to see if you encounter this issue. Your suggested SD card will be ok for this camera as it supports Class 4 and above. If you continue to encounter this problem whilst recording, please let me know on here and I will highlight this to some colleagues.

Thanks again,

Simon

anil_funny
Visitor

Hi Simon,

I tried using 32GB  class 4 & Class 10 memory card from Maxram which confirm &  assured it support Sony HDR-CX115E as it is fully tested but still  problem persits below URL for your reference , i ask the store person he  ask me to check with sony repair center as of now i stuck.

http://www.maxram.co.uk/Digital_Cameras/Sony/Sony_Handycam_HDR-CX115 /MRSDHC_32GB_C10.aspx?PBCId=66

Any inputs will be appericated.

Thanks,

Anil

Mick2011
New

Buffer overflow errors are usually caused when recording to the camera's hard drive, often due to environmental issues.

Are you certain the camera is recording to the memory card (and not the hard drive) when you get the buffer overflow error?

anil_funny
Visitor

Just to update Sony HDR-CX115E model does not have any hard drive , it only works on flash memory cards & i am very certain the camera is recording to the memory card only.

Any other inputs ?

Thanks,

Anil

Mick2011
New

Ok sorry about that, I must have looked up the wrong model.

The next thing would be to try the camera with another card, preferably a genuine Sony Pro Duo, to see if your current card is possibly at fault.

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.ro_RO.title
galea2000
Visitor

Hello Mick

I have same problem to Sony HDR CX550 - 64 Gb internal., random - buffer overflow - , sometimes camcorder turns off while recording.Used internal memory. But  I don't loose the footages it's auto recovered.

I try: reset from small button, power off - nothing.

Place a card SD, card extreme video from SanDisk 30Mb/s class 10 - same error.

Format the memory from camera - same error.  If a leave the camera without battery for 1 hour - same error.

Can be rerwite the firmware? . I think is a software error.

Thanks.