Join now - be part of our community!

HANDYCAM VIDEO 8 XR

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
eila57
Visitor

HANDYCAM VIDEO 8 XR

Hi

IS IT POSSIBLE TO TRANSFER VIDEO FROM HANDYCAM VIDEO8XR MODEL CCD TR411E TO EITHER PC (WIN 7)OR DVD

THANKS

EILA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Eila,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

What input ports do you have on your PC.?

It should be possible to transfer video from your camcorder to your PC using either an A/V cable or S-video cable. In case it's of interest I've also included a link to your CCD-TR411E user guide

If you don't have a video capture port on your PC then you could purchase somthing like an EasyCAP USB 2.0 Video and Audio Capture Card..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Eila - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

If you still have the cables for connecting the camera to a TV, you could purchase a USB video capture card (these are available online for less than £20) and then use the supplied software to save the captured video to your hard drive which you could then also transfer onto a DVD.

One example is the following that you can find on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/EasyCAP-Video-Audio-Capture-Card/dp/B0011N9QNC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=133219...

As with any message that I post on here, I have to stress that you should shop around online for the best deal :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Simon

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Eila,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

What input ports do you have on your PC.?

It should be possible to transfer video from your camcorder to your PC using either an A/V cable or S-video cable. In case it's of interest I've also included a link to your CCD-TR411E user guide

If you don't have a video capture port on your PC then you could purchase somthing like an EasyCAP USB 2.0 Video and Audio Capture Card..

tidaltides
Visitor

If you have all the right tools and cables to do the work, then yes, it is possible. There are a lot of software you could even use for transferring video to and from a handycam and PC.