Join now - be part of our community!

DCR-HC47e and windows 7-64 bit

SOLVED
profile.country.cs_CZ.title
prospam
Visitor

DCR-HC47e and windows 7-64 bit

Windows 7 - 64 bit cannot recognized HC47e. The handycam is connected to PC using the cradle and USB cable. I have installed the latest version of PMB software, but it cannot find the camera. The USB driver on web page is not for windows 7. Do you have any suggestion how to deal with this problem? (other solution than XP mode in Win7). Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello prospam - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Having seen a lot of similar threads in the past, it may be worth forgetting about making the camera work over USB with Windows 7. Trying to get the two devices to communicate with each other has left a lot of people completely frustrated - including myself!

Depending upon the specification of your system, it may already have an iLink or FireWire socket available - I have had success with Win 7 by using this connection in the past with a cable such as this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/High-Grade-Firewire-DCR-HC47E-Camcorder/dp/B004OULJYI

Most major video editing packages (including the free Windows Live Movie Maker) will be able to capture video directly through a FireWire source without having to worry about Sony specific drivers.

However, if you do not have a FireWire socket available, it is relatively easy to get one installed by picking up a Windows 7 compatible FireWire internal card such as this one.

Hope this helps,

Simon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello prospam - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Having seen a lot of similar threads in the past, it may be worth forgetting about making the camera work over USB with Windows 7. Trying to get the two devices to communicate with each other has left a lot of people completely frustrated - including myself!

Depending upon the specification of your system, it may already have an iLink or FireWire socket available - I have had success with Win 7 by using this connection in the past with a cable such as this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/High-Grade-Firewire-DCR-HC47E-Camcorder/dp/B004OULJYI

Most major video editing packages (including the free Windows Live Movie Maker) will be able to capture video directly through a FireWire source without having to worry about Sony specific drivers.

However, if you do not have a FireWire socket available, it is relatively easy to get one installed by picking up a Windows 7 compatible FireWire internal card such as this one.

Hope this helps,

Simon