Join now - be part of our community!

Bloggie playback with Apple Mac

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
danjamed
Visitor

Bloggie playback with Apple Mac

I have a mac book pro running Mac OS X Lion version 10.7.1

I seem to be having an interesting problem when synch my bloggie videos with iphoto and play them back they are choppy and stick at certain points. This must be a software issue as they stick at different points in the same video when you play them back a number of times. Iphoto playback is via Quicktime 10.

I have Quick Time 7 on my lap top and they play fine in quicktime 7. So I can only presume this is a compatibility issue with Quicktime 10 which is part of Lion?

Any other ideas?

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello danjamed - welcome to the Sony forums :slight_smile:

It seems that there are few Mac users who are in the same situation as you and many people have decided to try and install QuickTime 7 onto their Lion system i.e. downgrading to a previous version. If you take a look at this article .....

http://www.macworld.com/article/161320/2011/07/lion_quicktime7.html

..... you will also see similar results in Google and if you follow these instructions, you should be able to get the previous version of QuickTime installed which, as you know from your experience with your laptop, should stop this playback issue.

Good luck with this,

Simon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello danjamed - welcome to the Sony forums :slight_smile:

It seems that there are few Mac users who are in the same situation as you and many people have decided to try and install QuickTime 7 onto their Lion system i.e. downgrading to a previous version. If you take a look at this article .....

http://www.macworld.com/article/161320/2011/07/lion_quicktime7.html

..... you will also see similar results in Google and if you follow these instructions, you should be able to get the previous version of QuickTime installed which, as you know from your experience with your laptop, should stop this playback issue.

Good luck with this,

Simon

mizuman
Visitor

Danjamed,

I have just got a Bloggie after reading that it is compatible with Mac OSX, but find that on the box it says 10.5-10.6!!!

I have Lion 10.7 installed and there is no Bloggie Mac .dmg

Any ideas??

Cheers

Mick2011
New

Hi mizuman, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

If you just bought it new, your Bloggie should already have Mac-compatible software onboard. Compatibility with 10.7 didn't alter the software, just the packaging :wink:

As you can see from this thread, there may be some issues with QuickTime on Lion but they appear to be resolvable.

hope that clears up the confusion

Cheers

Mick