Join now - be part of our community!

X95J Subtitles problem

SOLVED
profile.country.GR.title
Thanos
Explorer

X95J Subtitles problem

Hi,

when playing letter box content with subtitles from internal apps (Netflix, Youtube etc) I notice there is brightness change just under the TOP bar. When playing from external source seems not to be an issue. Is this a known bug to be fixed ?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GR.title
Thanos
Explorer

Hi all and thank you for your replies. 

Based on some discussion in another forum what they said is that this a bug of google tv subtitles rendering . Only solution is to play with subtitles intensity and/or color. Alternatively you can use external device for content streaming e.g. apple tv . Based on my tests based on a movie trailer with black bars in youtube app I managed to solve the issue by having 75% opacity for subtitles and 50% for the subtitles box . So playing with subtitles may solve the issue wherever possible. In addition I tried same source with an eternal device and also I didn't get the problem

Of course disabling local dimming is working but not acceptable by me at the moment since it degrades the picture quality.  Why to pay for a FALD TV if it is to disable local dimming when watching movies. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Thanos, try unplugging the TV from the mains and disconnect any external devices for two minutes. Then plug the TV back with no external devices and test it. 

profile.country.HR.title
DarkoD

Try to turn off local dimming, light sensor, black adjust. Or lower these settings.  Oh, and advanced contrast enhancer.

profile.country.HR.title
DarkoD

Bright subtitle letters cause this brightness change. For me at least on my 55XR-X93J

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

@Thanos, could you let us know what happened? 

profile.country.GR.title
Thanos
Explorer

Hi all and thank you for your replies. 

Based on some discussion in another forum what they said is that this a bug of google tv subtitles rendering . Only solution is to play with subtitles intensity and/or color. Alternatively you can use external device for content streaming e.g. apple tv . Based on my tests based on a movie trailer with black bars in youtube app I managed to solve the issue by having 75% opacity for subtitles and 50% for the subtitles box . So playing with subtitles may solve the issue wherever possible. In addition I tried same source with an eternal device and also I didn't get the problem

Of course disabling local dimming is working but not acceptable by me at the moment since it degrades the picture quality.  Why to pay for a FALD TV if it is to disable local dimming when watching movies. 

profile.country.HR.title
DarkoD

Yes, this is the other solution if possible. I did that with Netflix.✌️

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

@Thanos, thank you for updating, could you mark the thread as resolve, if you may?