Join now - be part of our community!

KD-65AG9 - Is it possible to install Google Chrome as the preferred Internet Browser

profile.country.GB.title
BeeJay48

KD-65AG9 - Is it possible to install Google Chrome as the preferred Internet Browser

I have recently tried to log-in to some TV streaming channels that I have used previously.  I now get an error message saying that my browser needs updating and suggesting downloading Google Chrome or  Firefox.  I cannot find either of them in the TV systems.  Anyone have any ideas.

4 REPLIES 4
Herman_Munster
Explorer

Hi @BeeJay48 

This may help:

profile.country.GB.title
BeeJay48

Hi Herman.  Many thanks for the info; this will solve my problem.  I never thought of going to YouTube.  I am travelling right now but as soon as I get back I shall follow the steps shown in your link.  Your advice is appreciated.  

BeeJay48

Herman_Munster
Explorer

You're welcome :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
BeeJay48

This is an update with, first of all, thanks to Herman for his recommendations.  However, I followed the YouTube tips and various other on-line remedies but failed - I put it down to my having had an IT bypass but Sony could make this so much easier if they put a bit of effort into it.  Having put myself through the mill with no tangible result I did what I should have done in the first place - delegated the job to the kids, all of whom are in IT related positions of one thing or another, and within half an hour my problem was solved along with the reprogramming of the remote control - don't ask me how because I have no idea except that they are now my default go-to resource and so I will get them to do the same on my other older Sony TVs😎