Join now - be part of our community!

Sound out of sync/distorted XH90

profile.country.GB.title
MrQwerty111

Sound out of sync/distorted XH90

Anyone have any HDMI sync problems? Have a 65” XH90 connected to a BT UHD box. All was fine.

However the last week sound (only use TV speakers) now crackles/distorts, and goes out of sync.

Switching inputs, switching TV off/on, gets it back in sync. This happens for recorded programs and live TV via the BT box.

However using the TV apps, Prime, Netflix etc everything is ok.

So tried a new HDMI lead, and different HDMI port and the same result.

So I presumed it was the BT box, however just received a new BT box and it’s the same....

So is the TV broke? Why are apps ok, only the HDMI sockets broke?

Anyone anymore help please
Thanks

107 REPLIES 107
profile.country.GB.title
Rayw53

Isn't that really odd that an app like tune in radio can cause sound issues on hdmi connected devices. Too late for me, my xh90 is in the box and being picked up by John Lewis in the morning. Good luck to all who have persiviered with Sony .😎

profile.country.GB.title
Beaveros

For me its working for me all time. Tunein app working all time on background, nobkdy knows why. So me and some other guys on redit start think: maybe this is the problem.

And since couple days no problems.

profile.country.GB.title
GPWhittle
Explorer

How Bizarre, I've also uninstalled TuneIn radio last night and unplugged the power for a while. It seems to have solved the problem! Hopefully this is the final solution.

profile.country.GB.title
Beaveros

Rayw53 You choosing Samsung? Check their forum. They have problem with local dimming 🙂

profile.country.GB.title
MrQwerty111

Mines from JL as well what have they said? Are you replacing it, or getting refund somehow?

Are you getting a new XH90 or another TV?

profile.country.GB.title
josteve40
Explorer

Uninstalled TuneIn app this morning, followed by a soft reset, and the sync problem has disappeared like a bad dream. Working great for the last two hours.

Many thanks.

profile.country.IE.title
Josehickey

A huge thanks for the tunein uninstall

profile.country.GB.title
Tidypete

Same here, for the last hour everything is perfect, how strange, Normally after ten minutes or so it's lost sync badly again, I hope this is the end of the issue, if so many thanks to you! 

profile.country.IE.title
Josehickey

A huge thanks to Beaveros who posted what seems to be a fix for the lip sync issue on the sony xh90, 

Thanks mate👍

profile.country.US.title
Sjones423

My forced factory reset worked for 1 day before the issue returned!