Join now - be part of our community!

Sony XH90/X900h VRR and ALLM

profile.country.GB.title
voodoo_84

Sony XH90/X900h VRR and ALLM

Hi, there are a lot of rumours, including responses from costumer service advisors  and amended webpages that suggest VRR and ALLM support via a firmware update will no longer be coming, can anyone confirm this?

This is my first Sony TV and I can genuinely say communication around well known issues with the TV has been dreadful. 

Thanks

76 REPLIES 76
profile.country.GB.title
apuk2004

Thanks guys,

It must be very frustrating if you already have an XH90/XH92 ready for next gen.

Yeah I'll be using my next TV as an all rounder. Aerial TV (Freeview) Netflix, PS5 and Stadia so I want a TV that looks great for TV shows, Movies & Games in 4K.

I currently have an old Sony 40ex503 (1080p) and a Sony HT820 Amp (not 4K) so use ARC for sound. I currently have a Chromecast Ultra for Stadia and Casting YouTube etc. And also use a Firestick (4K) for Plex, Now TV and Netflix. 

I just want to buy a TV now that will last me a few years, gets rid of the need for these external devices, adds Bluetooth for headphone support and that supports the new PS5 features (except 8K. Not fussed).

The XH92 seems to tick all the boxes except only 2 hdmi 2.1 ports  and if VRR and ALLM are dropped then it's not true 2.1 is it.

profile.country.GB.title
wiggly71

Yeah Voodoo is right the tv on a hole is a great tv I'm not trolling sony I'm a gamer and was sold on the features off the gaming side I just want what I paid for i was sold the tv on the VRR and ALLM  if your looking for a tv for films like voodoo said it's a great tv.. 

profile.country.GB.title
serg1988
Explorer

I am sending this to the Sony Centre where i bought the TV from and will wait and see before looking to escalate it:

10/01/2021

Dear Sir or Madam,

REFERENCE: -----/Sony Centre Wolverhampton-Sony Bravia KD75XH9296BU

I purchased the Sony Bravia KD75XH9296BU from Sony Centre--------. At the point of purchase I paid £1999.99.

The Sony Bravia KD75XH9296BU is unfit for purpose, features that were promised (VRR and ALLM), will no longer be made available by sony, which make the TV unfit for purpose as it was marketed as ready for next gen console (Ready for PS5), I bought the TV ahead of the launch of the new Xbox SX and now i can't fully use the console.

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/televisions/xh90-series/specifications

'Features specified in HDMI2.1' With VRR having a note: "VRR will be available via a future firmware update." and ALMM also having a note: "ALMM will be available via a future firmware update.". Those features have now been remove of the available features listed on the USA website and reckon it will be update soon on the UK website..

The Consumer Rights Act 2015 makes it an implied term of the contract I have with Sony Centre ---------- that goods be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality.

As you are in breach of contract and I've owned the product for less than 6 months I am within my statutory rights to ask for it to be replaced at no further cost to me.

I await confirmation that you will provide the remedy set out above within 14 days of the date of this letter.

Yours faithfully,

profile.country.GB.title
wiggly71

Yeah its is still HDMI 2.1 because of the band with it can run at not the features of the tv HDMI 2.1 has to run at 48Gbs..the main thing it's has to run at is the 4k 120fps HDMI 2.0 just can't push the data fast enough  the VRR and ALLM are just a features off game mode.. as tv pictures get better the ports have to get better or you will get a bottle neck of data and they will not be able to reproduce the correct resolution and frame rate it's getting ready for 8k I know it's a long way off but they always start on high end tv's and in a few years all tv will have it.. p.s make sure you use the cable that comes with the product espcialy ps5 XBSX I know all hdmi looks the same but they are differences and I'm not saying go out and buy a 200 quid cable as long as it's certified "ultra fast hdmi"

Matth2904
Explorer

This is quite disappointing...I bought the KD65XH9005BU based in it being a PS5 ready tv. Be interested to know what Sony have to say about this....someone has previously posted that the UK still indicates an update is set for release ?

profile.country.GR.title
antonisg
Explorer

Sony seemed pretty confident that the feature will be there.

On 1.40 minute of the video, he clearly states VRR ALLM .

Hopefully they will address the issue, if not joke's on us.

Sony X900H 4K HDR LED TV | Product Overview - YouTube

Tags (3)
profile.country.GB.title
rexter
Explorer

Hi, 

have people seen this on the UK site?

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-oled-tvs-android-/articles/0025485...

Screenshot 2021-01-11 at 00.19.23.png

According to footnote 3, it appears to say if we have PCK6.4960 then we will have VRR  and ALLM? has anyone tried or confirmed that is true?

I also bought it on the premise of having all these features and am considering returning if it doesn't have the features ( but dont know how to check if they are working sadly)

Thanks!

profile.country.GB.title
bikeeandy

No mention of VRR or ALLM on the list of features...

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/downloads/00017076

profile.country.GB.title
bikeeandy

New video from FOMO...

https://youtu.be/lW0DGxmW5eg

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@bikeeandy 

And the XH90/92 are anyway not in the list of applicable models.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…