Join now - be part of our community!

Sony XH90/X900h VRR and ALLM

profile.country.GB.title
voodoo_84

Sony XH90/X900h VRR and ALLM

Hi, there are a lot of rumours, including responses from costumer service advisors  and amended webpages that suggest VRR and ALLM support via a firmware update will no longer be coming, can anyone confirm this?

This is my first Sony TV and I can genuinely say communication around well known issues with the TV has been dreadful. 

Thanks

76 REPLIES 76
profile.country.GB.title
bikeeandy

Sony UK web site still shows VRR and ALLM will be coming via firmware update...

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs-android-/kd-55xh9296/artic...

There used to be a section on the Sony UK web site for 'PS5 Ready' tv's, which featured the X900H, but that appears to have disappeared.

However, FOMO is saying it has been dropped...
https://youtu.be/dfaB1jWtbIc

I bought this tv (back in November) specifically for when I (eventually) manage to get a PS5. I would NOT have purchased it if VRR and ALLM were never going to be present on it.

Sony UK: You sold me something which appears to no longer be 'PS5 Ready' - what are you going to do about it?

profile.country.GB.title
Boris_GB

This is really bad news if this is true..

I purchased the X900H solely for the PS5 and Xbox Series console launches and Sony marketing this T.V with the 4K@120hz, VRR and ALLM were the main reasons i chose this model over an LG OLED.

With this news now blowing up online it is now evident these models have been falsely advertised and marketed if indeed Sony have decided to abandon it`s promised feature updates.

Anybody have any idea what grounds we would have to return or exchange this TV for a model that supports these features ? 

Sony scrubs VRR and ALLM upgrade from X900H / X90H TV support pages | Windows Central

This is an absolute joke if Sony do not get these features onto this TV after promising only reason I brough the dam thing was for hdmi 2.1 VRR and ALM which were promised features! My second Sony TV but it will certainly be my last product should this not be sorted. My ps5 has been nothing but a disappointment also with odd noises and random shut downs. I am looking at what potentially trading standards would do for us in the UK regarding the TV if anyone else has some info as we need to fight this together! 

profile.country.GB.title
wiggly71

Totaly same as you guys I bought this tv in october ready for console launches sony was cutting it fine with the 4k 120 fps update they did do it before the ps5 and series x launched but it was not very good 4k 120fos mode was very blurry they did fix this after it's not perfect on series x it a little better on ps5 . Now there's rumour of pulling vrr and alllm  these are the main reasons I bought the tv it was sold as the tv for the ps5 now it disappeared. I have always bought samsung this tv was better spec than the samsung of similar price it and it all including 2 HDMI 2.1 ports to say I'm disappointed is a understament and to say sony is keeping quite says it all

profile.country.GB.title
voodoo_84

Same here, if it wasn’t for those features I would have gone for either the CX or BX, although the burn risk (probably small) made me pause for thought. At least LG have been communicating and actively patching to address issues. 

I won’t buy Sony again if things aren’t addressed properly, was about to buy a UBP-X700B. 

I am well outside the retail return window (purchased in September) so don’t think the retailer will be interested

this may be a route

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/template-letters/letters/problems-with-services/letter-to...

I really hope it’s a massive over reaction to a misunderstanding, but wouldn’t take much for Sony to say something either way. It’s going to hit their sales, I noticed the 2021 J models have also been promised the features but via firmware...

profile.country.GB.title
wiggly71

Screenshot_20210109-231837_Samsung Internet.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
wiggly71

The X900 is the US code I hope your right but i can't see them pulling it in the US and not here..

profile.country.GB.title
voodoo_84

The UK site still shows the features as coming via future firmware,

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00254857

would definitely be worth saving this.

profile.country.GB.title
wiggly71

God voodoo I do hope your right 🙏🙏🙏🙏 but if I'm honest can you honestly see they will install on UK tv's and not in the US will wait and see if sony come out to confirm or deny this. Sony the ball is in your court now this is blowing up all over the internet the longer you wait to give us an answer the longer people are loosing trust in the sony brand..