Join now - be part of our community!

Sony XH90/X900h VRR and ALLM

profile.country.GB.title
voodoo_84

Sony XH90/X900h VRR and ALLM

Hi, there are a lot of rumours, including responses from costumer service advisors  and amended webpages that suggest VRR and ALLM support via a firmware update will no longer be coming, can anyone confirm this?

This is my first Sony TV and I can genuinely say communication around well known issues with the TV has been dreadful. 

Thanks

76 REPLIES 76
profile.country.AE.title
AbdouDXB1989
Explorer

Guys, I got this reply from Sony Support team, but i feel it is to good to be true because they confirmed clearly that middle East model will receive the update!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think?

AbdouDXB1989_0-1610352900956.png

profile.country.GB.title
bikeeandy

Interesting. 

Are you able to post the link?

profile.country.AE.title
AbdouDXB1989
Explorer

I reached them out Via the support page https://web.sony-asia.com/en-xm/contact-us/

So once they replied I got their email I got their contact details as shown below.

Toll Free No. 8007669 (UAE) | +971-8007669 (Overseas) 
Sony Middle East and Africa FZE
sonycustomercare.mea@ap.sony.com | www.sony-mea.com

I appreciate if someone try to reach them out from the UK,  or maybe use UK support page, to make sure the information I received is accurate, it sounds crazy to confirm in one sentence the my TV model will be supported with the next software update just because it came from different region!!

Sony Reply.JPG

profile.country.GB.title
voodoo_84

The Aus page - updated on the 11/1/2021 is still showing the features 

https://www.sony.com.au/electronics/support/articles/00246472

could it be a simple mistake on the US page!?

profile.country.GB.title
voodoo_84

I’ve raised a ticket here, awaiting response.

profile.country.GB.title
bikeeandy

Same here!

profile.country.GB.title
voodoo_84

7148C010-1E19-4BD3-B9E9-00E854936C90.jpeg

profile.country.GB.title
voodoo_84

Received this morning.

profile.country.AE.title
AbdouDXB1989
Explorer

Just a quick update, I raised Ticket to the official distributor of Sony devices in the UAE

I got a quick response from them ( not by email but a CALL), They told me that they checked my concern with Sony Team, and they offered me a full refund, also they suggested a replacement with different Model/brand by paying the difference, 

I am not sure if this the distributor policy or Sony themselves, because I believe most of you guys don't buy from Sony Directly.

Our Legal distributor in the UAE is Jumbo Electronics, it is the place where I bought The X900h, 

I sent them an email, asking for a refund or possibility to exchanges with different model.

I got a call and to confirm that they will check with Sony, after 1 hour they called me and they said they are aware of the issue and they offered me an exchange with a different model/brand or a full refund.

So, from my point of view, I believe Sony is fully aware of the issue, refund and exchange policy is very possible if you ask for it.

So Instead of waiting, you may try to ask for a refund, based on my experience, it is possible as long as the TV is purchased before 5th of Jan, 2021.

Email.JPGemail part 2.JPG

profile.country.GB.title
Lewis0
Explorer

just got of  the phone to Sony, the operator said it’s already been realised. He led me through my system setting to confirm the most recent up date. 

Yes my update is the most recent yet is the VRR and aml one ?