Join now - be part of our community!

Really struggling to get a good picture and HDR looks terrible on KD-49XD8088. Can any one help?

shadydaz
New

Really struggling to get a good picture and HDR looks terrible on KD-49XD8088. Can any one help?

Hi guys. I've had my TV, a Sony Bravia KD55XD8005 for over a year now and I can't for the life of me get a picture I'm happy with on my Xbox One X. The colours just don't seem right and HDR games look grey and washed out. Despite me having all green ticks in the settings section.

I'm constantly resetting the TV settings and trying to configure it again. I'm not normally bothered too much, in fact I normally just leave a TV on its default settings so I know somethings not right.

When I reset the TVs video settings to default the picture looks dull, so if I switch the picture mode to vivid all non-hdr content looks ok on the Xbox. However as soon as I load something like FIFA, Forza Horizon 3 or PubG the picture looks terrible and dull again.

I know its not the best TV but I can’t understand how enabling HDR makes the picture much worse. I’ve tried various setting guides and tips but nothing seems to work. So I’ve disabled HDR at the moment.

I have enabled ‘Enhanced HMDI’ on the TV, I’ve tried swapping HMDI inputs, firmware is up to date, I’m using the original cable that came with the Xbox. I’ve just run out of things to try.

So this is my last hope, can anyone help or provide any settings that have worked for them. Thanks guys. 

Tags (4)
3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Peterm12
Explorer

I have a xd8599 I set the picture mode to standard for normal tv for blu ray theatre home and 4k disc always playes in hdr you could try these 

Tags (1)
profile.country.GB.title
AstroSmurf

I had the same problem on 55xe9005 dull HDR only on xbox and in game mode, all others were good. I have done the same as you resets, checks , changes and nothing worked. Until i went into Colour settings (on game mode HDR whilst xbox running) and looked at the colour bias menu(adv.colour temperature), they were all turned down red was on + 3 blue was at -6 and so on(checked all other HDR sources and these settings were maxed out. So if this is the case on your tv max out all the bias colours equally ie red on max blue on max etc. Wow what a difference looks stunning now. Let me know if this works for you.

profile.country.GB.title
AstroSmurf

Sorry i meant the red, green and blue gain not bias