Join now - be part of our community!

Please help: Dolby Atmos X90J and Denon x4400h

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MartinPie
Explorer

Please help: Dolby Atmos X90J and Denon x4400h

Hey everyone, I’m totally at a loss and hoping someone might be able to help me.

I have an X90J and whenever I play atmos Netflix content from my x90j, the Denon amp says the input signal is Dolby digital +. I have a 5.1.4 setup and appears all ok on the amp.

I have a Blu ray player connected direct to the amp and when i play atmos content up comes atmos on the display as the input signal. 

I followed this similar guide for the A90J https://youtu.be/NkS88Ot93VE

In summary I have:

eARC mode auto

Dolby digital plus output set (when I toggle this the Denon switches from Dolby digital to digital + 

Pass through mode auto

Digital audio out auto 1

Hopefully someone can help!

thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
MartinPie
Explorer

Turns out a factory reset on the TV did the trick, I didn't need to configure anything on the X90J just go through the setup process (detecting the external audio system)

Opened netflix, played some atmos content and there it is input source "Format Dolby Atmos/Digital+" that's on the Denon app. The amp just says "Dolby Atmos" 👍

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Atmos is conveyed on Dolby Digital Plus, it is possible that the Pass-through sends Denon the DD + format that carries Atmos.
profile.country.GB.title
MartinPie
Explorer

Turns out a factory reset on the TV did the trick, I didn't need to configure anything on the X90J just go through the setup process (detecting the external audio system)

Opened netflix, played some atmos content and there it is input source "Format Dolby Atmos/Digital+" that's on the Denon app. The amp just says "Dolby Atmos" 👍

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

@MartinPie, glad to hear this. Thank you for updating the thread.