Join now - be part of our community!

New XE9005 couldn't connect to my alexa

SOLVED
vcheewei
New

New XE9005 couldn't connect to my alexa

Hi all, I've recently got this sony XE9005 tv and noticed that it has this beta version of "TV Control Setup with Amazon Alexa", after the select your google account, it just got stuck at that screen.

I've actually added the sony bravia skill on the alexa app and logged in to my google account (same account as the one on my tv) and it's definitely linked. 

What else can I do to get the setup complete? I've restarted the TV a few times.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nickle182
New

Happened to me as well, but I finally got it to work after an hour of playing around. Here's what I did.

-Go to settings

-Go to Apps

-Scroll down and Click on "TV Control Setup with Amazon Alexa"

-Click on "Permissions"

-Enable "Contacts"

-Click "Force Stop"

-Click "Open"

After that follow as usual, when it asks you to login, your TV may restart (mine did). If it did restart, just click on the "TV Control Setup with Amazon Alexa" from from Home. It should continue with the setup after that and let you finish.

Let me know if this works for you guys as well!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi Vcheewei,

Welcome to the community.

If you have the latest firmware and have restarted several times, it's probably best to contact support for advice. You'll find them here.

Best wishes,

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
redoxide
Explorer

I have had exactly the same problem and done exactly the same as you, as in restart tv several times and linked my google account to the skill, i was beginning to think i had done something wrong.

I will keep trying and i will let you know if i get it to work.

profile.country.GB.title
mivalli
Explorer

Same here today with my xe9305, tried powering down both tv & echo show but still gets stuck after google account.

Did get further a week ago but only had windows phone so it stuck there. Now have Iphone. Also tried removing app from amazon account and starting from scratch, tv first but that didn't work either

profile.country.GB.title
mivalli
Explorer

Just opened a case with Sony Case No: 16810240.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @vcheewei,

as far as I know the Alexa capabilities are currently only enabled on US devices.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
mivalli
Explorer

No, UK as well.

I believe, but I'm not sure, if it has the app then it can be activated.

profile.country.GB.title
redoxide
Explorer

Hello again, Just wanted to give an update and let you know i managed to get it working.

I'm in the UK so i can also definitely confirm that the skill works here.

As to what i done to get it working? to be honest nothing i can be sure of.

I had been looking in my google account settings and checking which apps have account access and Android TV was listed, i clicked on it to check the permissions and then exited my settings without altering anything. i went back to the TV and selected the Alexa app, got to the point where you select the account you wish to link (this is the point it kept getting stuck and just hanging when ever i had tried before) and this time it just went straight through and completed the process.

I have no idea if it did anything when i checked the permissions in my google account (i'm pretty sure it didn't) but it seems strange how it went through immediately on the first time of trying afterwards.

It was probably just a coincidence. Sorry i can't offer anything more certain as to how to get it working, but at least i can confirm that the skill works if you can get past the account linking phase of the set up.

profile.country.GB.title
mivalli
Explorer

Got a reply, had to clear all data (basically a factory reset).

Luckily enough I have only had the TV a week so not much added content/ settings changing.

Good news, it now works.

nickle182
New

Happened to me as well, but I finally got it to work after an hour of playing around. Here's what I did.

-Go to settings

-Go to Apps

-Scroll down and Click on "TV Control Setup with Amazon Alexa"

-Click on "Permissions"

-Enable "Contacts"

-Click "Force Stop"

-Click "Open"

After that follow as usual, when it asks you to login, your TV may restart (mine did). If it did restart, just click on the "TV Control Setup with Amazon Alexa" from from Home. It should continue with the setup after that and let you finish.

Let me know if this works for you guys as well!