Join now - be part of our community!

New XE9005 couldn't connect to my alexa

SOLVED
vcheewei
New

New XE9005 couldn't connect to my alexa

Hi all, I've recently got this sony XE9005 tv and noticed that it has this beta version of "TV Control Setup with Amazon Alexa", after the select your google account, it just got stuck at that screen.

I've actually added the sony bravia skill on the alexa app and logged in to my google account (same account as the one on my tv) and it's definitely linked. 

What else can I do to get the setup complete? I've restarted the TV a few times.

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
Ranky23
Explorer

I had it connected to my alexa until about two days ago  Everything worked fine I try to connect now and get stuck in the same place as you  I've tried everything except a full factory reset . Frustrating 

profile.country.GB.title
paulkyle
Explorer

Nickles soulution worked for me. Alexa has now taken back control! Now if I can only sort out hdmi control of external devices

ann13matt
New

This worked for me too, although I also had to clear all the existing data from the app. Thanks, it was driving me nuts!!

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hey there,

thank you for confirming the solution from @nickle182  worked - I marked his post as the solution, so other community members with the same issue find it more easily.

- Nic