Join now - be part of our community!

New TV....new nightmare

SOLVED
Craigsalisbury75
Explorer

New TV....new nightmare

Morning all,

Just replaced a faulty Samsung with a Sony KD55XH8196BU, All seems well....kinda (shame about lack of Freesat, but there you go).

I don't know if there is an easy fix for this, Im tuning from a Satellite dish which came to some ridiculous number like 900+ and apart from this crappy 4 digit channel number display i get a lot of duplicate channels and half of them dont work.

Example

E4+1 (channel 0026) "Selected channel is scrambled or cannot be decoded"

E4+1 (channel 0196) works fine

I seem to have EVERY possible BBC edition from the southwest to Scotland 😕

Is there an easy way to sort this mess out?

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Craigsalisbury75 

That is what satellite without Freesat looks like.

We made a Favourites list of the channels that worked, and which we wanted. Still only ever Now & Next, though.

If satellite had been anything but incidental for us, we would have bought a Freesat box, and used that for it.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Craigsalisbury75 

That is what satellite without Freesat looks like.

We made a Favourites list of the channels that worked, and which we wanted. Still only ever Now & Next, though.

If satellite had been anything but incidental for us, we would have bought a Freesat box, and used that for it.

Craigsalisbury75
Explorer

To be honest, my old TV broke a week before moving house which has an aerial instead of only a satellite dish, hopefully then i can use youview and i presume freeview?

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Craigsalisbury75 

Yes, either, though YouView is on by default, and you have to Disable it to get to the Freeview side. But you don’t have to retune, going either from or back to YouView.

On the YouView side, you can’t Record, but on the Freeview side, you can.

On the YouView side, you get the BBC iPlayer, the itv hub, All4, and My5, provided you have tuned in their corresponding broadcast channels. But on the Freeview side, you lose the itv hub and All4 (unless you look up Hoshsadiq on Google 🤫).