Join now - be part of our community!

IR Blaster controlling Sky+HD box

SOLVED
chrgray

IR Blaster controlling Sky+HD box

KD-65X8509C bought within the last week

I have the TV's IR Blaster setup to control a BSkyB Sky+HD box, and most controls work great.  However, the UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT navigation buttons work, but always sends 3 occurrences of UP, DOWN, LEFT, or RIGHT instead of just one occurrence.

So, for example, when navigating the Sky+HD box list of recordings, pressing down skips down 3 recordings, making it impossible to select the recordings in-between.

Is there some way to update the IR blaster database to correctly only send 1 occurrence of LEFT, RIGHT, UP, or DOWN when that button is pressed?  Or is there any other solution to this problem, that will make the UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT buttons behave correctly?

65 REPLIES 65
ramman
Explorer

Has anybody else had success with this ?? I really don't want to do a factory reset unless I've got to

CUCO
big_black_dog
Explorer

Just tried factory reset and it fixes the sky remote issue (may also enable other functionality such as picture in picture & digital record).
The Sony remote works surprisingly well now (!) - latest s/w updates allow Sky to be the default input with the Sky channels in the Sony menu. Still trying this out..

Sent from my iPhone
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

Are you saying that after a factory reset that this issue is finally fixed now?

Cheers

ramman
Explorer

That appears to be the suggestion , I'll give it a bash at the weekend

CUCO
profile.country.GB.title
nick.connor

I am away from home at present but will try a factory reset when I get back. Thanks for the help.

profile.country.GB.title
nick.connor

Confirm - now fixed after a factory reset.  Thanks again for the help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys.  

profile.country.GB.title
Johnwithsony
Explorer

I have this problem now . Have done factory reset and to says up to date.

profile.country.GB.title
Buglenuge
Explorer

I too am having this problem. KD-49XE9005.  Factory reset hasn't helped

tarzan1977
Explorer

Hi. Wondering if you can help. Just bought a KD8005 and I am unable to access the Sky Planner/ Recorded programmes from the IR blaster. 

Any suggestions would be welcome

Thanks