Join now - be part of our community!

Exit restricted profile

SOLVED

Exit restricted profile

I have Sony Bravia KDL55W807C. Somehow, we have entered restricted profile and are being asked for a pin to exit this. However, we have no recollection of setting pin. How can we re-set pin to exit restricted profile? We cannot perform factory re-set as you cannot to this in restricted profile. Any ideas?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Problem solved, my 15 year old son cleared it in 30 seconds!

View solution in original post

herinoz
Explorer

If anyone is interested I have called sony and they have given me this info to do a factory reset whilst in restricted mode. It does work!

1. Press the home button on your remote.
2. Select Help under settings.
3. Under Help please select Contact and Support.
4. While on the contact and support, Press RED, 4, 3, 5, 7, and PLAY buttons on your remote in order. Please press it as fast as you can.
5. Once it's done your tv will reboot and it will perform now the factory reset.
6. Follow the steps given on the initial set up.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The TV doesnt normally allow a pin of 0000 or 1111 - so if your like me try 1234.  Another pin to try is 9999 or 4357

Cheers

Many thanks but still no joy. I suppose I really need to re-set pin but the TV is not giving us that option.

Problem solved, my 15 year old son cleared it in 30 seconds!

Col1n1234
Explorer

How ?

Please

Anonymous
Not applicable
herinoz
Explorer

Hi,

I was playing with tv today trying to stop it from spying on me and ended up in restricted profile.

I dont remember setting a password and have tried all options.

None of these passwords work for me? 9999,4357,1111.

I cant even access the factorie reset as the option is removed when in restricted profile.

Please help!

herinoz
Explorer

Thats great thanks for not posting the solution!

herinoz
Explorer

If anyone is interested I have called sony and they have given me this info to do a factory reset whilst in restricted mode. It does work!

1. Press the home button on your remote.
2. Select Help under settings.
3. Under Help please select Contact and Support.
4. While on the contact and support, Press RED, 4, 3, 5, 7, and PLAY buttons on your remote in order. Please press it as fast as you can.
5. Once it's done your tv will reboot and it will perform now the factory reset.
6. Follow the steps given on the initial set up.

profile.country.GB.title
ariful7733
Explorer

same problem  with me... and what I do now plz tell me..