Join now - be part of our community!

Cannot browse folders via FTP

profile.country.IE.title
josh2019
Explorer

Cannot browse folders via FTP

hi, 

I have a kd- 43xf8796 with ftp server for android tv installed. I can connect from my win 10 client ftp to the tv but cannot expand the remote site I.

no error message just no folders displayed. 

I can browse the folders on a fire hd tablet from the same win 10 ftp client.

Any suggestions on how to display the folders on the TV?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You should contact the app developer or try another app . Sony apps do not support ftp server just dlna.

profile.country.GB.title
khallergard

You inspired me to try it with ES File Explorer https://youtu.be/BiJRzGeHCaM

I am curious about what you would use the FTP Server for - file transfers?

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

Does it have to be FTP? The simplest thing seem to be x-plore, just turn on wifi sharing there and use browser.

The ES will also do. And lots of others.

profile.country.GB.title
khallergard

Yes, that was my question: why Ftp? And why Server?

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

The question is what's there on the TV that he wants access to. Without root there is not much to see there.

My approach is a bit different, I have home server with different servers on it for different clients. Among them is also an FTP server and I created it under all file mangers that I'm currently messing around. My main reason for that is to sideload something  or have access to some KODI add-on or something like that. That way I can also push out some files from TV if I want. And since all that is configured, it is easier for me than using wi-fi sharing under X-plore.

profile.country.IE.title
josh2019
Explorer

I was kust lookinging for a way to transfer movies from laptop to tv without using a usb stick. I installed x-plore and this seems to work. thanks.