Join now - be part of our community!

Now tv software upgrade

profile.country.GB.title
SF0000
Explorer

Now tv software upgrade

Hi,

Was told by Sony salesperson in John Lewis that upcoming Sony software update will include now tv app - any idea when this is coming?

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Now tv is an app and should be delivered by Sky (the developer) onto the google play store in order to be usable on Android TV.  As of now in any case NOW TV is usable via any smartphone using casting.

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

I think John Lewis may have missinformed you, as I didn't think (at least the last time I checked) that Sky planned to release the App on Android TV.

It would be worth contacting Sky for the actual facts to be honest although, as rooobb says you should be able to cast from your smartphone as a work around.

profile.country.GB.title
SF0000
Explorer

😞 it was the Sony rep in John Lewis who provided that info....

profile.country.GB.title
SF0000
Explorer

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Off-Topic-Chat/Android-TV/td-p/502242

looks like chromecast doesn’t work for now tv...

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Youbgit the same advice on the link you attached where did you read that it doesn't work? It is also on their official site https://www.nowtv.com/devices/chromecast .
It takes less to try it than discussing about it.
profile.country.GB.title
SF0000
Explorer

BD63E69E-AC94-48BB-B2AA-1B491132963E.png

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Sorry but I do not understand what you are looking for.

Now tv is advertised has compatible with chromecast . Your tv has chromecast inside. If it doesn't work you have to complain  to sky. I tested it myself some 2 years ago  and it worked. 

Do you want me to buy one to test it for you?

profile.country.GB.title
SF0000
Explorer

I find your attitude quite offensive...

The point of a forum is to compare knowledge. I created this thread to help clarify if others knew when / if now tv software was going to be included in this product. You mentioned chrome cast but I have found numerous posts, as shown, which state this doesn’t work... 

if you can’t comment in a polite and non-patronising way, as an ‘expert’ i suggest don’t bother!

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

@SF0000 only a my curiosity ... You can't try however the Cast by youself?