Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
profile.country.GB.title
theshamelessmanc

I dont know if anyone else agrees or not, I like my PC's, built a fair few of my own high end rigs (with GPU's that handle the 4K instead of relying on the CPU) and they have their own monitors respectivly. Its nice having a PC on the TV, but a TV is a TV and really does not compare to gaming on a pupose monitor!

So now that you have sorted your issue @rsebre in connecting your rig up to the TV, can you now find a more suited thread about PC setups on a TV rather than clog up a thread about mostly OS issues on the TV?!

Your hardware and the PC specs and settings have not contributed any wheight to any of the issues in this thread regardin...

Sync

UI (slow/slugish/glitching)

Updates

and so on!

If anyone else thinks I am wrong, please correct me!

Kevwoods12

^^^^^

Bang goes your free steamgame... 

cozzykim

@theshamelessmanc

I wasn't able to access this thread directly. This morning I kept getting redirected to the location selector page, which then didn't respond to any input.

I tried Firefox (which I never use) instead of Chrome, which then worked.

Clearing the Sony site cookies from Chrome made it work again.

[tinfoil hat/narrowed eyes]

:nauseated_face:

gunit1978
Explorer

So for the second time today I have had no response from my tv when trying to turn it on, the only fix, removing the plug for 30 seconds, I dont want to keep doing this, is this another known bug or does it need replacing?

Thanks.

Al_Charles

Same no access, also no email thread notices.

< insert jaws music here >

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

Sony's community forums did have some problems from very early this morning.  I note that @Al_Charles says that no email thread notices, can anyone else confirm, so i can report it back.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
theshamelessmanc

@Anonymous Not had any email notifications at all today about posts!

@Kevwoods12 May have very well ruined my shot at a steam game :o( . But at least I have a PS now app (that doesn't work) pre-installed on my TV (that doesn't fully work),that I can rent overly priced games from if I didn't fancy playing on the PS4 lol.

Damn kids and their nintendo vitas, Xstations and Playbox's! I remember when steam was all that made a train go Choo Chooooo....

@cozzykim touche..... I will from now on be doubling up on the tin foil and also using it to line my winter coat!

ConnemaraCrafter
Explorer

Mine doesn't work at all, just an error message.  No response from Sony yet.  Will be taking it back for a refund.

gunit1978
Explorer

@Quinnicus wrote:

Hi all

Sony's community forums did have some problems from very early this morning.  I note that @Al_Charles says that no email thread notices, can anyone else confirm, so i can report it back.

Cheers

No notice emails for me either

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys,  ive reported this back to Sony. Dont think the "@"notification is working either.