Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
gunit1978
Explorer

@Anonymous Could you look at my issue a few posts up, do you know if its a bug or needing tv swapped over?

Thanks in advance

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gunit1978 not seen your issue, but if it continues, i would probably factory reset the tv to clear out any issues.  I dont suppose this started after installing an app or a setting change or....?

If its a hardware issue, the tv normally flashes/blinks its LED in a sequence

gunit1978
Explorer

Thanks for the reply, I havent installed or changed anything for a few days, I've only had it a couple of weeks and already done FR 3 times lol

At least the LED isnt flashing I suppose thats one thing :slight_smile:

Thanks again.

haribo411
Explorer

Hi all, newbie here. I was searching for some info on my new TV and came across this thread which has really worried me.

I've just ordered a curved 4k TV which looked great in store. it's the KD55S8005CBU.

Based on what I'm reading here I'm headed into a world of pain. My current LG has never had a single issue and I'm not techie enough to deal with all the things you guys are discussing. If the lip sync's from using my Tivo I'm in for trouble from the wife.

Am I best just cancelling the order and going for a Samsung etc?

Thanks, Chris

Al_Charles

@haribo411 It would not be fair for us to tell you what to do, read the forum then deside.

Has anyone else got problems with Netflix 

profile.country.GB.title
theshamelessmanc

@trickytree1984 what sort of probs?

I get an issue (not limited to just Netflix) where when I press the dedicated button on the remote, a box pops up to tell me I need to connect to the network. 

The telly is wired in, I can connect to any online content provided I go through the Home menu and select the relevant app. Sometimes the Netflix button works, other times the box pops up! I am thinking it may be something to do with the exclamation mark next to the network symbol! 

To the missus annoyance ( love annoying her) just tried the Netflix....... Its just hanging, like loading forever! is this what you mean? Hurry with the answer, I think shes going to kill me because she wants to watch Dr Foster lol

profile.country.GB.title
pepitoe

@trickytree1984 wrote:

Has anyone else got problems with Netflix 

Yes I had an error message yesterday but going into More Details and choosing the Reset option seems to have fixed it.

UKPiglet

Yes, same issue here last night. The machine didn't think it had any connection to the internet despite being on a wired connection.

A hard reboot and it was working again.

Hanging on until the next update. If things are not significantly better I'll be having a long talk with John Lewis.

gunit1978
Explorer

@UKPiglet I've had that a couple of times too, I am not even a month into my 90 days, I really don't want to take it back as I love the picture quality on it but all the niggles and the not turning on issue are beginning to get annoying