Join now - be part of our community!

Issues with Photoshop CS5 and A37 raw format

profile.country.en_GB.title
YS0203

Issues with Photoshop CS5 and A37 raw format

I have just bought an Alpha 37 and was happily using Photoshop CS5 with my previous Nex-3 but now find that I have to upgrade to CS6 at a cost of over £200 as CS5 cannot handle raw for the A37.  Anyone have any ideas as to how to work around this?  I have bought Lightroom 4 but really disappointed that I can't continue to use CS5.  Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
silawre
New

Hi,

There is not work around sadly, a specific version of CS will only support a specific range of cameras.  Any new camera after the support range for a specific version of CS that comes out will require you to upgrade to the latest version of CS.  Good only Adobe!

Si

Message was edited by: silawre

profile.country.no_NO.title
lisa198754
Visitor

Dear yasminyana,

The Sony Alpha a37 SLT-A37K DSLR camera records AVCHD (MTS/M2TS) video, you can convert the footages to a compatible format for Adobe Photoshop CS5.

Adobe Photoshop surpports native MPEG-2 fommat, so I advice you transcode AVCHD to MPEG-2 for importing to Photoshop. If you use Brorsoft MTS/M2TS Converter, you will can convert all 720p, 1080p, 1080i AVCHD .mts/.m2ts recordings to any video format for playing and editing as you want.

YS0203

Lisa,

Thanks for the advice, I have never imported movies to CS5 but I will certainly try out your suggestion.  My main query was about camera raw and Si has answered that question above!

Thanks.

YS0203

Si,

Thanks I had thought as much, hey why a miss an opportunity to make money?  Oh well will have to stick to Lightroom from now on.

Cheers.

silawre
New

Pleasure and I find that LR is growing in abilities each time the release a new version and I use PS less and less.  It is like most people who use Microsoft Word or Excel most of us use less than 10% of the features, I am the same with PS at the moment.

Si