Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 II - speaker problem

profile.country.PL.title
Stepel86
Explorer

Xperia 1 II - speaker problem

Hi,

I received new xperia 1 II two days ago. I think there is a problem with speaker -  when I speak with someone the conversation is breaking by very short "breaks". It doesn't happen always..but it happens. It's very weird and it's not a range problem.It looks like problem with hadrware.. maybe some electronic issue with speaker.. I don't know

I wrote to customer support but they have not answered yet. I am little disapointed because this phone wasn't "cheap". I am wondering if someone who has new xperia 1 II have similar problem ?

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.PL.title
Stepel86
Explorer

I gave the phone back for guarantees and they gave me the new one. After that everything was OK.

profile.country.GB.title
XperiaAngel
Explorer

Damn lol I was hoping I wouldn't have to return this and a fix would sort it.

The more annoying thing is it worked fine up until a few updates ago and now it seems to have the same issue you were having, it works fine otherwise but I can't keep apologising to people cos they can't hear me on calls or having to phone them back and then re record messages in WhatsApp.

I also hate having to reset up a phone when you've transferred everything once from a previous phone.

I've had this since launch and had no problems and now it's becoming more and more annoying, I know that Sony don't particularly like replacing and try to insist on repairs however the crappy mobile authorised repair agent here killed my Z5 premi when it went in for repair which prompted me then to buy the crappy L4 whilst I waited for launch of the X1 II, so that's doubly annoying cos it's now 6 months old so I have to have a repair 😣😞

profile.country.PL.title
Stepel86
Explorer

In my case it was definitely hardware speaker problem. I think that people were hearing me but I had problem with hear them. During those breaks I heard specific sound like some electrical short circuit. I think that if there is some problem you should use guarantees. Good luck with that :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi there, did you try the factory data reset on your device ?