Join now - be part of our community!

In-call volume setting doesn't work in Xperia 1 II

profile.country.GB.title
battsek
Explorer

In-call volume setting doesn't work in Xperia 1 II

In-call volume is always on max level during a call, no matter how I set it in the Sound settings. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @battsek,

weird - have you rocked the volume rocker during a call?

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
battsek
Explorer

Hi @IamNic,

I don't think I did but can you just in case give some more details about how this works?

What I do during a call is to manually lower the in-call sound with the down button but that helps only for the current call.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @battsek,

while in a call just alter the volume with the rocker on the side of the phone as you would when e.g. playing music.

I constantly alter the volume since some callers are speaking louder or their phones microphone is more sensitive.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
battsek
Explorer

Hi @IamNic,

This is exactly what I do - I lower the in-call sound with the rocker and it is ALWAYS on Max despite the fact that in the Sound settings it is at about 70% of the slider.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @battsek,

so it doesn't get quieter when you decrease the volume during a call?

Are we talking about phone calls here or calls made trough an app?

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
battsek
Explorer

Hello @IamNic,

Lowering the volume with the rocker during a call DOES work.

These are phone calls, not app calls.

I have my in-call volume set in the Sound settings to about 70% but despite this it is always on maximum level during a call. 

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi there, so you have an issue only with the sound volume for app calls ? and Apps like what exactly?

profile.country.GB.title
battsek
Explorer

Hi @EMS_MO72,

My previous message says "These are phone calls, not app calls."

However, just 1 day after posting this question and having done nothing on my side, the issue is gone and the setting now works. It was not working since I bought the phone and this "miraculous" fixing seems quite strange?

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

In similar cases do not try to adapt while calling.

Instead take your time to set it.

From any screen push vol-up or vol-down and tap the sliders below which leads you to sound settings.

Changes made in that menu should survive.

In case nothing helps try this:

Settings -> Apps & Notifications -> Tap on see all ### apps -> Tap the 3 dots (the action menu) in the upper right corner -> Tap Show system -> Scroll down and find Audio setting -> Tap Storage & Cache -> Clear Cache & Clear storage.

Then push volume up or down, go sliders and set everything to your likings.

Screenshot_20201227-153201.png

PS

On top of the volume you will find either a bell or a crossed out bell or a vibrating phone icon.

It is your level of allowed disturbance, sound, silent or vibration.