Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 II - speaker problem

profile.country.PL.title
Stepel86
Explorer

Xperia 1 II - speaker problem

Hi,

I received new xperia 1 II two days ago. I think there is a problem with speaker -  when I speak with someone the conversation is breaking by very short "breaks". It doesn't happen always..but it happens. It's very weird and it's not a range problem.It looks like problem with hadrware.. maybe some electronic issue with speaker.. I don't know

I wrote to customer support but they have not answered yet. I am little disapointed because this phone wasn't "cheap". I am wondering if someone who has new xperia 1 II have similar problem ?

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Stepel86,

while I can`t answer your question, can you please check with a bluetooth-headset, whether or not the audio is also having interruptions? That way we could rule out if it is an issue with the speaker or an issue with how the signal is being processed.

Also do you have any other issues with the speaker (while listening to music/playing games/watching movies)?

- Nic

profile.country.PL.title
Stepel86
Explorer

Hi @IamNic ,

thanks for the answer.
bluetooth-headset works perfect.

Maybe i will try to record it and I will send you.
It doesn't happen always.. so it's difficult to catch this situation.

profile.country.PL.title
Stepel86
Explorer

I think..there is an ear proximity sensor issue.. not speaker.
It looks like something doesn't work properly sometimes during the conversation.
Those "breaks" are specific sounds like some electronic system is turn off and turn on after some very short time.

profile.country.PL.title
Stepel86
Explorer

there is one option to reproduce this weird sound ('ticks').
I tried to record this situation so I have installed CUbe ACR application.
Nowdays it's impossible to record voice during the conversation but this application recorded some sound.
It was all what recorded my microphone. But when I try to listen to this recording the phone is turn on ear proximity sensor. So when I was listening this recording and I took phone close to my face the screen turned off with this specific "tick" sound. It happens sometimes during the conversation , even screen is turned off I hear that this sensor try to turn off or turn on something..

profile.country.PL.title
Stepel86
Explorer

You can watch it here https://streamable.com/i3m256.

profile.country.NL.title
Salphen
Explorer

I got the exact same problem. I also think it is the proximity sensor. Very annoying! I often switch to intercom mode, Just to understand the person i am talking to. 

Is there a way to switch off this sensor?

profile.country.PL.title
Stepel86
Explorer

Yes..exactly. I have sent phone to service..still waiting ;(

profile.country.DE.title
BBEN66

Me <-- can't help, I´m not using my phones for talking 😁

profile.country.GB.title
XperiaAngel
Explorer

Did you ever get this resolved or does your phone still have this issue?