Join now - be part of our community!

Latest 55.1.A.3.107 firmware I think it has FIXED YES FIXED the OIS/EIS at 4K!

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

Latest 55.1.A.3.107 firmware I think it has FIXED YES FIXED the OIS/EIS at 4K!

Sony mods pleaseput me right if im incorrect.

The way I understand it is that SONY uses OIS for photos and VIDEOS up to 1080p hdr but AFTERWARDS on 4k no matter what it uses EIS, am i correct?

THe problem has been that EIS was WORSE than the XZPREMIUM at 4k

I think FINALLY it has been improved slightly

At least stability looks SMOOTHER at 4k now than before, at least when viewing on the phone.

Tested on cinema pro and normal camera app in 4k and HVEC 265 with stability on and off.

PLEASE could anyone who has installed the latest firmware PLEASE TEST and confirm my findings?

Gilgamesh the first ONE and ONLY King
4 REPLIES 4
azzido
Enthusiast

I hope this is true. 

And hope they finally added 21:9 for taking pictures in main camera apps, can you please check this too?  

TBH I stopped recording videos because of this constant stability and stuttering issue in Xperia 1... 

It took them long time but maybe they finally fixed it somehow? 

I almost lost the faith in sony mobile devs and sony itself with they stubborness not to fix the issues. 
Another one is lack of changelog. 

FPS also was fixed after long time and some claim it is even faster now.
Some good news for Xperia 1 owners. 

Bu for Xperia 1 mark 2 I would rather wait as again it may take them a year to fix all the issues this device will bring... Also, because of washed out color options and design I'll rather skip it. 

After X1 software treatment I planned to switch the brand but if they continue to provide good support and fix the issue I may stay and buy xperia 1 mark 3. Maybe design will be closer to original Xperia 1 and better color options next time. 

Anyway I still wait for newest update to check stabilization issue fix for 4K and start recording videos again Slightly_smiling_Face

azzido
Enthusiast

So bad they will close this forum Slightly_frowning_Face

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

False alarm no it's not fixed I think

Gilgamesh the first ONE and ONLY King
profile.country.GB.title
Sony_UK

@GilgameshUK wrote:

False alarm no it's not fixed I think

I was getting excited.

I don't know why but I have a feeling once the Xperia 1ii is released I take it that will be the more polished product and won't have the issues that the Xperia 1 has.

I feel then that the Xperia 1 will probably updated then because of the Xperia 1ii, but by then it will be too late. 

I think I will just return this and wait for the Xperia 1ii, the Xperia 1 is a good phone but it is let down most where it should have counted.