Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 doesnt connecting to 5Ghz wifi

Ahmad_abed86
Visitor

Xperia 1 doesnt connecting to 5Ghz wifi

I've got Xperia 1 and it didn't connect to my 5 Ghz wifi!!!! 

Could anyone please help me! 

19 REPLIES 19
RuneJ
Contributor

You will have to elaborate a bit more to be able to get useful answers.Smiling_Face_with_Sunglasses

Are you able to connect to any WIFI network at other locations?

Is your 5 Ghz WIFI visible in the list of available networks? -If not, maybe the networks runs with hidden SSID.

Do you get some sort of error-message, or what happens when you try to connect?

Ahmad_abed86
Visitor

Hello runej and thanks for the quick response 

The main problem is the mobile connect only to 2.4 Ghz wifi and the 5 Ghz wifi doesn't show when i scan for! It only appear when i put on airplane mode! 

RuneJ
Contributor

Can you connect OK to the 5Ghz WIFI when in airplane-mode? (aka do you get internet access on the 5 Ghz network)

And also, when in Airplane-mode, do you see both the 2.4 Ghz network and 5 Ghz network at the same time in the list of available wifi-networks?

Ahmad_abed86
Visitor

I can connect to 5 Ghz in airplane mode and i get internet access... And YES the 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz both appears in the list n airplane mode

RuneJ
Contributor

That was strange.

Try to turn off the Auto-network-switch under Advanced in WIFI Preferences.

If no progress, try to boot your phone into safe-mode and see if you get any different results? (aka an app or something is tampering with the network-access) 

Ahmad_abed86
Visitor

Brother i did these steps yesterday and it didn't work! 

Actually I've got the same issue on my last XZ premium and i thought that the XZP doesn't connect to 5 Ghz in the 1st place 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

RuneJ
Contributor

It would then seem like the issue is with that particular wifi-router you are trying to connect with.

Tried to connect to another 5 Ghz wifi somewhere else? (coffee-shop, work, school)

If that works, the issue is either firmware or settings in the wifi-router.

PS: My XZP did connect to 5Ghz network at home and at work with no issues. 

Ahmad_abed86
Visitor

I've got 5 Ghz in my home and my work and still the same prob... idk what's the matter but thanks alot for your patience and i hope it's a firmware upgrade issue!  

Thanks again 🤗

profile.country.PT.title
NunoSEN2
Hero

@Ahmad_abed86 wrote:

I can connect to 5 Ghz in airplane mode and i get internet access... And YES the 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz both appears in the list n airplane mode

@Ahmad_abed86 ;

Something is not right, in Airplane mode, the network and radio transceivers are turned off to prevent disturbance to sensitive equipment, so you shouldn't get any internet whatsoever.