Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 Android 10 Bugs

alxrmy
Visitor

Xperia 1 Android 10 Bugs

Some bugs I am experiencing on Android 10:

• Video playback apps freezing (notably Netflix), possibly related to HDR content? Can be temporarily resolved by restarting the device.
  • Full-screen navigation gestures cause a black bar at the bottom of videos. It also glitches out the picture in picture mode - outline of player at the top of the screen but in reality, it is at the bottom. This issue is not present on the older navigation methods.
  • Full-screen navigation gestures overlap with lock screen shortcuts, seems like an oversight?
  • Google Apps duplicating and rearranging themselves in the app drawer- fixed only by restarting Xperia Home.

Any help or awareness would be appreciated!

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
ComputerCowboy
Visitor

I have issues playing Amazon Prime Video, downloaded or streaming, video and audio stutters and it makes it pretty unwatchable.

Lukalumen
Contributor

Both Netflix and Prime are unusable to me. I really hope this will be fixed soon!

I'm a huge fanboy, everything in my life that can be Sony, it is... I want that car they teased in CES too! Asap

Cinema screen was the nr1 feature of the phone, so I'm really surprised they screwed this up! Slightly_frowning_Face

Ben2007
Visitor

Has anyone found a solution on the prime streaming issue?

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

What issue?

Ben2007
Visitor

Apologies. Well I have many of the issues but the one that annoys me the most is the Netflix and Prime stutter. I received an update today but it's still unusable. 

I really wanted to like this Xperia 1 but I can't go much longer without Netflix and Amazon Prime. The phone could be so good but the software is incomplete.