Join now - be part of our community!

What is everyones Security update and Google Play system update version?

SOLVED
SAWIG
Visitor

What is everyones Security update and Google Play system update version?

System build 10 (55.1.A.0.748)

Under Settings -> Security ->

Security update - November 1, 2019

Google Play system update - October 1, 2019

My phone will reboot every time I attempt a Play system update and never installs any update.

I have done used the Xperia Companion and reinstalled the software but still having issues.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SAWIG
Visitor

I went ahead and switched over to T-Mobile from Verizon.  I recieved both my Security update to January 1st and my Google Play update to January first and everything is stable.

It would appear Verizon has too much control over unlocked phones and locks them down instead.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

November 1st and December 1st.

Working fine here.

Is your phone SIM free or was it a network branded phone.?

RuneJ
Contributor

November 1st and December 1st here as well.

Would focus on looking into Google Play settings, security, certificates, etc.

SAWIG
Visitor

Phone was purchased unlocked (J8170) not from any carrier but the SIM card is through Verizon.

Play Store version is 18.4.18-all and the device is certified.

SAWIG
Visitor

The issue is with the SIM card. I removed the SIM and the phone was able to update without restarting on its own. Reinstalled the SIM and within 30 secons of the phone rebooting the phone restarted again.

So, the question I have is why does the Verizon SIM care what version of security update I have one my phone?

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Don't know but you Americans and your crappy phone network providers.

You really get shafted by them, both in service and quality.

If something paltry like this is an issue, who is to say that half the other members issues, aren't also network related instead of Sonys.

SAWIG
Visitor

I did not think they had that level of control over an unlocked phone.

I am curious if the others have a different carrier or not here in the states.

SAWIG
Visitor

Confirmed with VZW tech support they are blocking updates. Because they are not certified with them. What a crock of sh*t.

SAWIG
Visitor

Pulled the January 1st security patch and sure enough after intall & restart  the device restarts again and kicks back to October 1st security patch.

Anyone have any input that is using T-Mobile? Considering switching.

SAWIG
Visitor

I went ahead and switched over to T-Mobile from Verizon.  I recieved both my Security update to January 1st and my Google Play update to January first and everything is stable.

It would appear Verizon has too much control over unlocked phones and locks them down instead.