Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia 1 can't watch Netflix HDR video

stamsin
Visitor

Sony Xperia 1 can't watch Netflix HDR video

Sony Xperia 1 can't watch Netflix HDR Video. For example "Witcher" "Lost in Space",All of the HDR Video can't watch.

5 REPLIES 5
xLelouch
Visitor

I don't know what is the problem of this phone with netflix, most users had a problems with it and unfortunately there is no answer from sony

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

No, not "most"..

You seem to equate a few posters on here, with "most".

Seems not to be the case.

Netflix works great for me, on a sim free UK model, and I guess a lot of others.

And if it's a netflix issue, or an issue with the app, Sony won't fix it, because it's not their issue.

Maybe it's your network, maybe it's your networks customisation of Android 10, maybe it's your connection, maybe it's the country you are in, maybe it's a 100 other things, but if it's a netflix issue, then it's not Sony's responsibility to fix it.

1 thing I do notice, is that it does seem to affect foreign(well foreign for me, as I'm in the UK) owners, so chances are it's the actual network configuration of Android 10.

sparda333
Visitor

I haven't been able to use the official Netflix app on my Xperia 1 that I got from O2 on contract since day 1. I've tried resetting the phone, the app, the WiFi, reporting it to Netflix. My Netflix account works fine on every other device no problem. All I get when I open the app is. "Sorry,  we could not reach the Netflix service.  Please try again later (-1001) " that's it. 

eaglu
Visitor

I meet this problems too and after I update to 55.1.A.349,this problem still exists.

Tuanhng
Visitor

Hey guys, I find out the way to solve this problem. Reset your Xperia 1 and you can watch the HDR video on netflix