Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia 1 Camera Tone

ParoKi
Visitor

Sony Xperia 1 Camera Tone

How can I turn of the camera tone when I take a photo?

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Open the camera, click the cog wheel for settings, the scroll down a bit to Common and there it is, Sound.

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

That used to be true, and was the case in the UK at one point, but for a few years now the camera sounds seem to be able to be muted.

And I remember that was due to privacy laws.

Jonas
Master

Hi @ParoKi,

Did you find the setting to turn the sound off? If it is not available or it's greyed out it's due to national/regional privacy laws and as far as I know, the only way to remove it is it set the device to silent/vibration mode.

Hi @RottenFoxBreath,

Very interesting to hear that this was the case for in the UK a while back.

The only country that I know about that has these rules are Japan, unless they have changed it recently.

ParoKi
Visitor

Sorry for the late answer.

I still can not turn the camera sound off. There is no option when I look into the camera settings and the sound does also not disappear when I turn off all the other sounds. Maybe it is just not possible...

ParoKi
Visitor

I live in Austria.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Here is what I see in settings

Screenshot_20191231-005903.png

As @Jonas mentioned the cameras will shut the shutter sound in 'do not disturbe' mode.

Jonas
Master

Hi @ParoKi, I'm sorry for the late reply, I have been out of office due to vacation.

Do you not have the option available in your device if you follow the screenshot that @Strampke posted? Open the camera app > tap the cogwheel in the top right corner > check for "Sound" and turn this off.

As I mentioned, due to laws in certain countries you can't turn this off but since I don't live in Austria, I'm not quite sure if there is such a law there.

You may want to check with your Local support team as they are the experts on your market and may be more informed than I am about this.

Let me know how it goes!

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

@Jonas, 

I'm sure from memory, this all started from Japan, and it's love of upskirt photos.

After that, certain countries and networks stopped the phones from muting, so the intended "victim" /witnesses, would be aware that a photo had been taken.