Join now - be part of our community!

SONY Xperia 0 (Zero) in the pipeline! New king-of-the-hill, six cameras!!!

SoulBrotha
Visitor

SONY Xperia 0 (Zero) in the pipeline! New king-of-the-hill, six cameras!!!

https://www.gizchina.com/2019/11/26/sony-xperia-0-to-come-with-six-camera-sensors-on-back/

Time to save up for this new bad boy that should hopefully smash all its competitors this time around in the camera department. SONY, put only the latest and greatest hardware in here this time around please, especially since you folks produce sensors for other competitors! Go all out like there's no tomorrow mayn!

"In the upper left corner of the back, the phone will carry vertically arranged two columns. They will include six camera sensors with resolutions of 20MP (F2.4), 48MP (F1.2/F2.4), 16MP (F2.4), 8MP (F2.4), 12MP (F1.2/F2.4), and 5MP (TOF).

Undoubtedly, the main sensor is considered to be the Sony IMX586 CMOS with a 48MP resolution. The other five lenses are still unknown, but we guess they will be telephoto, wide-angle, super wide-angle, and black and white lenses."

10 REPLIES 10
Stalker79
Visitor

Don`t drool over the Sony`s six-camera, since anyway, it will not dominate. Sony has a poor implementation of the software part, which is the most important thing and do not forget that the S11 will be with a new sensor, but about the Huawei P40 Pro, which will receive the new and more largest Sony IMX sensor and with incredible 10x optical zoom.
Sony, unable to work with its own sensors, and Sony Alpha, also did not make Xperia 1, the champion among camera phones.
That's why you should not rejoice.

azzido
Enthusiast

Yes, the guy should calm down, those are only rumors. Don't you remember rumors for 4000mAh+ battery for Xperia 1? We all know how it ended. Same may be here.

Best and largest sensors will go rlto competition and xperia will stick with older tech again so number of sensors will make no difference even it it will be 6. Also rumors says this will be for IFA 2020 meaning end of 2020 and not beginning and again everyone wanting new shinybdevice will already buy new shamesung, hujawei, xiaomi etc.. just after MWC 2020 and will not wait till end of next year. 

Software is another thing. 

Competition offers less stock and kore unique experience than sony now which is another reason to abandon Xperia with just ugly stock android and horrible google apps. 

Zacabeb
Visitor

48 MP binned into 12 MP has me interested.

But the oversharpened mess that smartphones tend to produce, including all Xperias I've had, isn't something I fancy. So... I'll hold onto my money for now.

There have been smartphones taking amazing photos without overprocessing. It can be done.

James41
Visitor

It doesn't matter. Sony is still going to lose lots of money with Xperia phones.

From how Sony announced the Xperia 5 at IFA 2019, I think it doesn't care anymore.

profile.country.GB.title
Sensination
Contributor

If true, it only means that the best sensors will go to competition and Xperia's will get medicore old tech ones with half-baked, lazy code software...

ds2mph
Visitor

Xperia 5 Plus 

https://androidnext.info/?p=1397

6.6inch OLED

168.2 x 71.6 x 8.1mm

Front stereo speakers

Front stereo speakers

3.5mm headphone Jack

3.5mm headphone Jack

azzido
Enthusiast

Who cares? Sony will kill it with the software exactly same way as it did with Xperia 1. 

Software treatment and lack of communication will keep me away from the brand at least for some time (if not forever). 

Btw, still no Android 10 no matter they said December 2019. Pathetic.

Stalker79
Visitor

Xperia 5, another bulls*it fron Sony

https://www.dxomark.com/sony-xperia-5/

My next cameraphone will be or Huawei, or Iphone or Samsung, but not this SH*T next Xperia

Untitledf.jpgUntitledd.jpgUntitlede.jpgUntitleder4r.jpgUntitledr.jpgUntitledert6.jpg

profile.country.ES.title
Ciro1976

idiot Sony does not pay dxomark