Join now - be part of our community!

J8110/J8170 difference?

SOLVED
ds2mph
Visitor

J8110/J8170 difference?

Do J8110 and J8170 both have 128GB, or J8110 has 64GB and J8170 has 128GB ROM?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martin1
Enthusiast

Hi @ds2mph and @diogosimoes4321, I am sorry for the late response, but let me see if i can clarify some things here!

Both J8110 and J8170 is Single SIM-versions of Xperia 1 equipped with a 128GB flash memory. The only thing that differs the J8170 from the J8110 is that the J8170-model is intended and customized for the US market.

I hope that this answered your question. Have a nice day! Slightly_smiling_Face

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
disimes95
Contributor

Could be related to SIM-card? @ds2mph 

I´ll try to know about it!

Martin1
Enthusiast

Hi @ds2mph and @diogosimoes4321, I am sorry for the late response, but let me see if i can clarify some things here!

Both J8110 and J8170 is Single SIM-versions of Xperia 1 equipped with a 128GB flash memory. The only thing that differs the J8170 from the J8110 is that the J8170-model is intended and customized for the US market.

I hope that this answered your question. Have a nice day! Slightly_smiling_Face

ds2mph
Visitor

Thanks for your reply Winking_Face

SreejithUnnikri
Visitor

Hi, I was planning to order the J8170 variant from Amazon US or B&H Photo for use in India. Would this result in any issues? Alternatively is there somewhere that I can order the J9110 variant for use in India?
Martin1
Enthusiast

Hi @SreejithUnnikrishnan,

As the J8170 is customized specificly for the US market, I cannot guarantee that it will work as intended for use in India. For a more definite answer to your question, I suggest that you get in contact with your service provider in India.

I hope that helped.

akbothra
Visitor

Sir,

are you using Xperia 1 in India, I also have the same question shall i order j8170 or j9110 for use in India, if you have answer please let me know. Thank you.

Martin1
Enthusiast

Hi @akbothra

As previously mentioned, the J8170 is customized specifically for the US market, I cannot however guarantee that it will work as intended for use in India. For a more definite answer on which model you are supposed to buy, I suggest that you get in contact with your service provider in India.

Let me know if you have any further questions! 

jeoleo7
Visitor

It works until its a US career locked one.

I live in Nepal and I know that the GSM bands in India are also similar.