Join now - be part of our community!

Issue with network dropping

Clennon
Visitor

Issue with network dropping

My network coverage keeps dropping I spoke with EE my network provider. They sent me a new SIM card, this has not fixed the problem and I'm stuck for what to do. This happens at completely random times.

152 REPLIES 152
Chippy_boy
Visitor

@harunt wrote:

I don't need to make up stories here.

I specifically said I am not questioning what you said.

I am merely suggesting that what you were told is not correct.

My apologies if I offended you - it was not my intention at all.

pressefr
Contributor

I saw no one talk about troubleshooting suggestions. So, I'm going to give my two cents, and hope it works for you.

It's what I do when whenever I change phones, or travel to a new country and change sims.

Settings > Network & Internet >Internet Settings (Download settings for internet and MMS) > Accept

Check

Settings > Mobile Network > Preferred network type > LTE

If neither work

Manually ask for APN from provider

Settings > Mobile Network > Access Point Names > + (Add APN manually)

xenite5
New

How can you add APN manually? ?By copying same details from automatic APN?

I have tried every single thing given here. LTE option, auto switch, network selection, uninstallin carrier updates, uninstalling antiviruses and apps, hard reset, going to EE, going to Carphone Warehouse, calling EE, writing here, sending tweet everything.. rather than throwing the phone to the wall.

I really wonder what are we going to do now with this expensive clock in our hand. I can't even make decent calls and noone from sony - forum even makes a statement... 

at least they could say they are working on it! 

JanieD91
Visitor

Yea my settings were already like that,we just gonna have to wait for this new firmware,see what happens then.

Emil93
Visitor

It's a problem with the phone Slightly_frowning_Face I compared signal with my S10+ and on the same network I got just 1 bar from Xperia 1 and 3 bars from S10+🤨🧐😭😭😭

I'm gonna return my phone tomorrow,I don't wanna be stuck with a phone like this IMG_20190607_033321.jpg

Chippy_boy
Visitor

@Emil93 wrote:

It's a problem with the phone Slightly_frowning_Face I compared signal with my S10+ and on the same network I got just 1 bar from Xperia 1 and 3 bars from S10+🤨🧐😭😭😭

I'm gonna return my phone tomorrow,I don't wanna be stuck with a phone like this 

The signal bar means nothing. Have you checked the actual signal strength?

(Settings > System > About > Sim Status > Signal Strength)

And test the same sim in a different phone?

Emil93
Visitor

😂ok if you say the signal bars means nothing...I have 2 signal bars on my S10 + and no signal on Expedia 1 on the same network same location..🥺

JanieD91
Visitor

Yea the signal isn't as good on the Xperia 1, they must have used something cheaper, which is an issue in it's self,but don't think it's relevant to everyone's current issue as we aren't running out of signal it becomes non existent for a short time, and this would happen even if someone had full signal.

Chippy_boy
Visitor

@Emil93 wrote:

😂ok if you say the signal bars means nothing...I have 2 signal bars on my S10 + and no signal on Expedia 1 on the same network same location..🥺

And as I say, that means nothing.  Maybe the signal is worse on the XP1, but maybe it is actually better. You cannot tell from the signal bars because manufacturers calibrate them completely differently.

Quote from XDA Developers:

"The bars mean nothing. Sony phones take into consideration RSRQ(signal quality) and SINR(s noise) values of the signal. Other oem don't. The actual signal power RSRP (do not confuse it with bars) is same or better on Sony.
Xperia 1 has most advanced modem and antenna setup of any 4g phone. 4x4 mimo even on low bands (first to have it)."

drlmiles1
Contributor

@Chippy_boy wrote:

@Emil93 wrote:

And as I say, that means nothing.  Maybe the signal is worse on the XP1, but maybe it is actually better. You cannot tell from the signal bars because manufacturers calibrate them completely differently.

Quote from XDA Developers:

"The bars mean nothing. Sony phones take into consideration RSRQ(signal quality) and SINR(s noise) values of the signal. Other oem don't. The actual signal power RSRP (do not confuse it with bars) is same or better on Sony.
Xperia 1 has most advanced modem and antenna setup of any 4g phone. 4x4 mimo even on low bands (first to have it)."

@chippy_boy Thanks for this.

No-one should be returning their X1 because of the reported bars on the status bar on the phone. Network dropping randomly is another matter - I have held off buying a case for now, as I have 14 days from purchase to return the phone and cancel my contract.