Join now - be part of our community!

Issue with network dropping

Clennon
Visitor

Issue with network dropping

My network coverage keeps dropping I spoke with EE my network provider. They sent me a new SIM card, this has not fixed the problem and I'm stuck for what to do. This happens at completely random times.

152 REPLIES 152
JanieD91
Visitor

I'm still on.205 right now with no update available yet, but if they are slowly releasing an update to fix it, that's great Slightly_smiling_Face

Chippy_boy
Visitor

Weird, I keep checking and I get "Your device already has the latest available system updates". And that's on 55.0.A.2.205

Just a thought - I got my phone from Carphone Warehouse.  Did you get yours from EE?  Maybe your's has slightly different EE firmware?

JanieD91
Visitor

Good thinking,mine was from carphone as well, but it's not the network provider that releases the firmware updates, unless you mean their phones might have started with higher firmware, but the person said they downloaded it today.

RuneJ
Contributor

What Model of the X1 do you have?

Is the problem perhaps related to a perticular model of the phone...? 

Chippy_boy
Visitor

@JanieD91 wrote:

Good thinking,mine was from carphone as well, but it's not the network provider that releases the firmware updates, unless you mean their phones might have started with higher firmware, but the person said they downloaded it today.

Yes but Carphone sell standard (unbranded, unlocked, stock firmware) phones. Phones directly from network operators tend to have slightly modified firmware (so they can put their own logo on the boot screen, support 4G calling and other such things).  Maybe only the EE firmware (and not the generic) is rolling out OTA at the moment?

Chippy_boy
Visitor

@RuneJ wrote:

What Model of the X1 do you have?

Is the problem perhaps related to a perticular model of the phone...? 

J8110 - 6GB Ram, 128GB storage.

drlmiles1
Contributor

Sony have a long history of rolling out updates to unmodified devices AFTER updates have rolled out to third party altered devices

JanieD91
Visitor

Ahh yea could be that regarding your post about slightly different firmware,as I've always bought unlocked, just like with this one.

Model is J8110, haven't seen any duel SIM models in the UK yet.

Guess we will know about firmware once the person who got an update today can tell us if he's unlocked from somewhere like carphone warehouse,or got directly from EE.

Maybe contact Vs pay as you go could make a difference as well,I'm the latter.

JanieD91
Visitor

drlmiles1
Contributor

I posted this solution above - I have had no problems since implementing this and changing a few other auto switch settings - and I'm on EE with a CW phone. I think this setting may be the culprit, as it is set on by default, and is switching from mobile to WiFi if ANY strong WiFi connection is available, not just one that is registered on the phone. 

I don't know how to link to a specific message, so I've copied it again. Please could others look at if this alters the problem. 

-------

Could those with problems go into:

Settings / Network & Internet / WiFi / WiFi Preferences / Advanced / Auto Network Switch

... and turn it off! 

Let us know if it makes any difference