Join now - be part of our community!

Internet and Call Work fine, SMS doesn't Work.

SOLVED
MarthaR1
Visitor

Internet and Call Work fine, SMS doesn't Work.

I can't geht or send SMS.

Messages 5.2.062 (Pegasus_RC17)

Cache from Messages App deleted.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jonas
Master

Hi again @MarthaR!

Oh, I see! Perhaps something changed with the other SIM card, however the number that the device is using to send SMS will be grabbed from the SIM card so it should update automatically.

Was there any change when you used another application and not the pre-installed Messages app?

Keep me posted! Slightly_smiling_Face

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Jonas
Master

Hi @MarthaR, sorry to hear about this. Slightly_frowning_Face

Is this something that you have started to experience very recently or have you never been able to send or receive SMS with your Xperia 1?

If you haven't tried to send a SMS to your own number, please do that and if that stil doesn't work, go to the Google Play store > search for "sms" > download a different SMS application and send a SMS to your own number.

This will tell us if it is the Messaging application that is causing this, or if it has something to with the SMS service on your subscription.

Let me know how it goes! Slightly_smiling_Face

MarthaR1
Visitor

Hi Jonas, thanks for your answer.

I used the App before, now I was in vacation in Brazil and used another simcard and have the Problem with my actual simcard.

It was only 2 das ago. 

I will try another App.

Thanks .

Martha

Jonas
Master

Hi again @MarthaR!

Oh, I see! Perhaps something changed with the other SIM card, however the number that the device is using to send SMS will be grabbed from the SIM card so it should update automatically.

Was there any change when you used another application and not the pre-installed Messages app?

Keep me posted! Slightly_smiling_Face

Jrnr
Visitor

I think it's something to do with chat services

pressefr
Contributor

When you out the new sim in did you "download MMS settings" and change APN settings in network settings? 

MarthaR1
Visitor

Hello people.

Thanks a lot for your patience.

The Telco company blocked my SMS function, so that it didn't work anymore.

Sorry for the confusion.

Kind regards,

MarthaR

Jonas
Master

Hi @MarthaR,

No problem at all and I'm glad to hear that it's working again for you! Slightly_smiling_Face

Happy texting and have a nice day.