Join now - be part of our community!

Does Xperia 1 not support the Xperia Transfer Mobile or Xperia Companion?

Zackbuks
Visitor

Does Xperia 1 not support the Xperia Transfer Mobile or Xperia Companion?

I can't think of Sony's cost savings to such a point, even the most basic change assistant function has been canceled. Now I can't use any software to copy the content (so many precious photos, videos, music) and contacts, schedules, etc. on my old phone to Xperia 1. Whether it's Xperia Transfer Mobile or Xperia Companion, they all don't support it! Whether it is as big as Apple, Samsung, Huawei, or as small as One Plus, Meizu, they are trying to improve the basic function of the replacement assistant, you even cut it! Dare to ask how the continuity of product use is reflected? Since you rely on Google so much, do you just do Pixel directly, and what else does Xperia do? #Xperia1 微信图片_20190613231423.jpg

微信图片_20190613231427.jpg

微信图片_20190613231429.jpg

微信图片_20190613231431.jpg

22 REPLIES 22
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

@Villaco 

I tried it to see how it works.

Reset my old device and at startup setup asked to restore from another device.

Then it asked to start the Google app on the old device.

It verified both on my email address and a code.

Then transfer got on its way.

I could choose some Sony apps and on another screen all or part of the apps on the donor device.

SMS messages and even the home screen background were copied in the background.

All went smooth.

It used WiFi connection.

The active work on the devices took me 15 minutes. The transfer in the background took longer. I noticed because an app of which I could tap the icon wouldn't start.

Some time later it did.

Of course I had to setup mail and other accounts again.

If you haven't set backup in WhatsApp your conversations will be lost.

On the other hand, if you forgot, you can simply copy the WhatsApp directory from one device to the other.

profile.country.CH.title
agander
Explorer

and how do I Transfer my ringtones and notification Alarms, I' ve been using in all the Xperia phones before? I can't even find the where the files are stored on my old Xperia XZ1...

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Unless you added them via music, or added your own mp3's, you can't, as they are hidden in the system.