Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 ii

profile.country.GB.title
roninxg

Xperia 1 ii

Sony very kindly sent this phone for free! Woohoo :slight_smile:

I currently have an Xperia xz, I am trying to transfer all my music from my old phone to my new phone, plus playlists if possible.

The issue seems to be the old xz has music on both its internal storage and a 64gb SD card. I cant find a way of getting everything off of both and on to the new phone.

As mentioned, if possible I would really like to get all my playlist transferred over too, but its not a priority.

Thanks for any help forthcoming :slight_smile:

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Congrats!

That certainly is a big leap forward.

SD card - just stick it in the new device

Internal storage - connect device to PC

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

@Strampke wrote:

Internal storage - connect device to PC

Internal Storage, just copy/move the files onto the SD card, quicker and more convenient than connecting to a PC to do it.

profile.country.GB.title
roninxg

Thanks guys but Im not making it very clear lol :slight_smile:

I am trying to get the music OFF the sd card and ON to the Internal storage
of the phone.
profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Same thing...

Just use Files By Google to move the music from the SD card, to the phone.

profile.country.GB.title
roninxg

Okay NONE of the above worked 😞

In the end what I had to do was take the music off my old phone and on to my PC, then using Xperia Companion transferred all the music back from PC to new phone.

Trouble is now Windows Media Player wont synch/recognise the new phone, though using the same usb connection it will recognise the old phone, so I cant get any playlists created 😞

Worse still is all the links Sony provide either in the phone or through the Q scan print out which is inside the box both lead to Screenshot_20200617-184615.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

So you copied the music from the old phones SD card, onto the new phones internal memory?

And by moving/copying the music from SD card to internal storage doesn't work?

Did you place the music in a folder in the internal storage called Music?

Have you tried to play the music on the phone yet?

I've just copied about 30GB of music and videos from my Xperia 1, onto my 1 ii, and managed to play music both off SD card, and internal storage, so you must be doing something wrong.

profile.country.GB.title
roninxg

Thanks for helping mate. I couldn't find away of getting anything off the SD and on to the internal storage. So I just got it off my old phone and on to pc. Don't know what I was getting wrong, so frustrating so far lol. The problem with the old phone was that playlists often disappeared and I think it had something to do with the music being on two sources. Should be much easier now with it all on the one source and I have still got over 100gb left. Amazing 😁