Join now - be part of our community!

Crop wallpapers mandatory??

Englishmanx
Visitor

Crop wallpapers mandatory??

After recently update to android 10  I randomly tried to change the wallpaper on the screen. Surprisingly, it MUST be cropped before being set on home screen and lock screen.  I did the crop and the picture looks awful as wallpaper.

The  thing changed in the new android . What's happening?? 

6 REPLIES 6
Englishmanx
Visitor

So...nobody tried to change their wallpaper after Android 10?? May somebody do me a favour and do that please ?

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Right, I'm on the latest update for the Xperia 1, that was released a couple of days ago.

I picked one of the worst pics I had, and the specs are, 654wide, and 880 in height.

The phone auto cropped a little bit off the left and right sides, but nothing much.

Top and bottom of the image are untouched., which is just as well, as it's an image of Batman, so, it's pretty centred, and to be honest, it still looked pretty good.

Englishmanx
Visitor

Thank you for your reply. Just look at this picture. Before updating, it was no need to crop, it fitted perfectly, covering just fine the entire screen. It's taken from Zedge. 

Take a look now ! I'm forced to crop the darn thing ! The sliders won't go any higher or lower, they only move side to side. Screenshot_20200130-010545.jpg

profile.country.ES.title
Ciro1976

you must put the background from the desktop

https://ibb.co/26dnxyn

profile.country.ES.title
Ciro1976

Englishmanx
Visitor

Ok, but it's still not normal for this to happen. I should be able to set it from the gallery as before Android 10.