Join now - be part of our community!

Android 10 Killed My Playlists and music mistaken as video

MeowYip2015
Visitor

Android 10 Killed My Playlists and music mistaken as video

After my Xperia 1 upgraded to Android 10, I found Music app keep crashing upon checking playlists and songs data. I checked with other music player apps, and found all playlists became empty. I deleted my 3000+ library of music and re-synced to phone from PC, and the empty playlists problem remains, with a bigger shock that all music in .mp4 format disappeared in Music app, but show up in Photo album. Android 10 is no longer able to disdinquish audio and video mp4 files, only .m4a files are treated as music, and all .mp4 files treated as video, so all went to Photo album.

Another Android 10 incompatibility is with the Media Go app for Windows PC. Android 10 can't recognise the .m3u format playlists created by Media Go, which will show up as empty content. And since Media Go will convert .m4a files to .mp4 when sync-ing with the phone, all songs in .mp4 format will be treated as video files by Android 10, and will only show up in Photo album, not treated as music anymore.

Any solutions for us music lovers to manage large amount of song files and playlists? With some 3000+ songs I can't add them to playlists one by one on the phone. Creating big playlists with the computer is still the easiest way. I think Media Go should be upgraded for Android 10 as soon as possible, but I heard Media Go is a discontinued product. And I don't think Google Cloud can manage large amount of media files which will keep us wait for ages.

12 REPLIES 12
MeowYip2015
Visitor

The only relief is I've contacted the technical support in Sony mobile, and they said will inform Google the issues of Android 10. Wait for the patches. *sigh*

joerottman
Visitor

I am having this same problem on Samsung Galaxy Note10+ via a sync from WinAmp. Literally have been using WinAmp-->Android sync for over a decade on various phones, and now Android 10 has finally broke it. I've also tried every damned thing try to get it to work, but nope. It's amazing to me these things aren't thought through and/or tested before new versions come to market 😞

MeowYip2015
Visitor

yeah, Android is making smartphones not smart anymore