Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 j8170 us model Updates

Prakash62
Visitor

Xperia 1 j8170 us model Updates

I have Sony Xperia 1,model j8170 unlocked us model. Now I am using this phone in Qatar I heard that Sony already released March security patch update for Xperia 1 but still I didn't receive any update why? Anybody have ideas?

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Sony_UK

It may be due to you being out of the country and thus not using your original networks radio signal.

I have the same issue, as I'm in turkey at the moment, hoping when I go back it will then notify me there is an OTA update.

Prakash62
Visitor

I loved this phone and I told my friend to sent this phone to me who is staying in US.It's mean if we cannot go US than we didn't get any update on future?

profile.country.PT.title
NunoSEN2
Hero

Hi @Prakash62, @Sony_F4N;

The OTA updates are not related with the country you are in but with the costumization version of the firmware you have installed on your phone, the costumization updates are released gradually and not all at the same time. You simply have to wait that the update is released to your costumization version, the country you are in doesn't matter. 

profile.country.PT.title
NunoSEN2
Hero

@Prakash62 and @Sony_F4N, regarding your specific cases according to Xpericheck.com the March security update was not yet released to J8170 US costumization nor the J9110 UK costumization so you need to wait until it gets released. 

profile.country.GB.title
Sony_UK

@NunoSEN2 wrote:

@Prakash62 and @Sony_F4N, regarding your specific cases according to Xpericheck.com the March security update was not yet released to J8170 US costumization nor the J9110 UK costumization so you need to wait until it gets released. 

Hello, I have the j8110 and thanks for the above clarification, it would seem that my customisation has been released on my original network 02 but when I did a Sony companion repair it seemed to have changed it to a different customisation, so indeed it hasn't been released yet although other variants have.

SAWIG
Visitor

I have the J8170 and agree with Nuno we have to wait for our version to be pushed. In the past it comes a week or two later.

profile.country.PT.title
NunoSEN2
Hero

@Sony_F4N, if you have a J8110 with a 1319-2847 (Costumized UK) it was not indeed released yet, so you simply have to wait for the release, even being in another country. 

Prakash62
Visitor

Hello @NunoSEN2 

Thanks for clarifying my doubt.