Join now - be part of our community!

Z5 premium is slow and constantly needs force restarting

Finzin
Visitor

Z5 premium is slow and constantly needs force restarting

Hi.  I have had a Sony z5 premium since February this year.  I find the phone slow and unreliable.  For no reason,  the phone will just freeze when you try and log into the phone using either fingerprint or slide code.  At least once a day you need to force restart the phone with the lock and volume up button.  I have called my phone company...  Optus. They have suggested I turn my phone off for half an hour every day so it can have a rest.  The only option they are giving me is to recontract into another phone.  Why can't they fix the problem?  Has anyone else had this issue? 

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@Finzin

You can try fixing it by yourself, all you will need is a USB cable and a PC/Mac with Xperia Companion installed on it.

I'd suggest that you perform a software repair using Xperia Companion. This will do a clean installation of the latest firmware and will also wipe your internal memory. Don't forget to backup using Xperia Companion, but preferably without adding apps or settings to the backup.

Follow the steps given in blue links, and keep us updated.

Finzin
Visitor

hi there.  I have tried this and it makes no difference to my phone. 

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@Finzin

Some people reported that the app of this specific company caused similar issues with their phones. By disabling it the symptoms disappeared, would you try that?

Go to Settings -> Apps -> "App name - Can be Optus" -> Disable -> Restart phone and test.

Finzin
Visitor

But by disabling the app, won't that mean I won't be able to see usage in real time out receive alerts etc?

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@Finzin

Yes, it might mean that. I'm not sure as I dunno what that app does. You can always go back to the same place you disabled it to re-enable. But if it's the cause of your issues then you should contact that network provider to report the issue.

Finzin
Visitor

I have gone through and delayed a whole heap of apps. I'll see if it makes any difference.  It's so frustrating.  I've called optus.  They tell me my phone needs a rest.  I've had android for years and have never had to give my phone a rest. 

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@Finzin

The only rest your phone needs is a weekly restart. I don't like what your operator told you either.

Finzin
Visitor

It is ridiculous.  They just wanted me to recontract and pay out the rest of this phone