Join now - be part of our community!

Z5 Compact not charging after updating to nougat

SOLVED
Fer11
Visitor

Z5 Compact not charging after updating to nougat

Whe I was able to update to nougat i was very hapy. My phone was very slow, and topic on the internet suggested that updating to nougat was going to change that. So i did.

But after my battery went low and I wanted to charge it overnight, nothing happened. And now, my phone is empty and it won't charge anymore...

Tried different usb cables and sockets. Nothing works. At first the charging light appears, the white sony boot screens shows up, the battery comes to screen (0%) and thats is. Screens is fading to black, no charging light active anymore...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@Fer11

Did you try using different wall chargers too? Also if the battery is drained to 0%, it will need some time on a charger to actually show it's charging. Open the SIM tray and find a small yellow button below it, use a non-sharp tool to press it to force reset the phone. Use the original Sony charger that came bundled with the phone along with the original USB cable, then leave the phone charging for 2-3 hours.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@Fer11

Did you try using different wall chargers too? Also if the battery is drained to 0%, it will need some time on a charger to actually show it's charging. Open the SIM tray and find a small yellow button below it, use a non-sharp tool to press it to force reset the phone. Use the original Sony charger that came bundled with the phone along with the original USB cable, then leave the phone charging for 2-3 hours.

Fer11
Visitor

Thanks! Used original sony usb cable and wall charge (already did), pressed the yellow button for reset AND pused the wall charge just a little further into the socket...

All the above lead to a charging phone! 

Trialdi
Visitor

My phone also had this problem.

In addition to.that, I.also had a problem with the phone not getting past the Sony logo and then reboot. A few times it booted to the android logo where it amost started but rebooted.

Thiis.solution worked.

Thank you!