Join now - be part of our community!

Z5 compact constantly re- booting in charger

David62
Visitor

Z5 compact constantly re- booting in charger

Hi all,

My z5 compact has stopped functioning when it's unplugged. Only in the charger does it manage to start, however it keeps re-booting after the initial white screen: https://youtu.be/Km8f3bqpmtw 

Does anyone know where this problem might come from/how to fix it without losing my files?

Many thanks, 

Distressed z5 user 

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@David62

I'm suspecting a hardware failure here, either a malfunctioning power button or a short on some circuit inside. So I'd strongly suggest that you contact your Local support for an inspection, as even the software repair using Xperia Companion process will be hardly possible with your phone constantly rebooting.

If you open your SIM flap there's a small yellow button beneath it, use a non-sharp tool like a pen tip to press it to force your phone to power off. Try charging after that and see if that helped?

David62
Visitor

Hi Quester,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately the button is unresponsive when not plugged in to the charger. When I plug it in, the button responds by vibrating, but shortly after the problem continuous. Is there chance of fixxing this supossed hardware fault without losing my files? 

Kind regards,

David

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@David62

This depends on the service center, the general policy is they format the device once received to protect your privacy. Maybe if you contact your Local support and discuss the issue with them.

NeoBeum
Enthusiast

what quester said is about right.

one of the boards has gone cactus.

the device turns on after it detects a usb charger, but then can't find the bits it needs from the boot loader to show the charging mode display, or if it needs to load the operating system. so it turns off.. Then detects the usb charge again