Join now - be part of our community!

Z2 unable to charge via micro usb port, only with magnetic charger

Burningeye
Visitor

Z2 unable to charge via micro usb port, only with magnetic charger

Hello guys.

This time i realy need your help as i can't find any solution online for my problem.

Z2 worked perfectly till i bought supersonic car charger which have 4.2A output power.

Yesterday, i was driving and connected car charger on highway, phone was charging around 30 mins, after that suddenly stopped, when i used phone in hands it was realy hot backplate. I hoped car charger dies but no... When i came home, i tried with wall socket (original Sony charger which came with my Xperia), nothing, tried with 3 other chargers still nothing, tried with USB cable connected on PC, nothing... Now all of us will say that somehow micro USB port is broken but no, when phone is off, and I put it on wall charger, it shows SONY logo, turns on red led for about 2 sec and goes OFF, and over and over... So it is reacting when i put charger in, but won't charge at all.

I also have magnetic charger (docking station) and with that, it is successfully charging phone to 100% without problems, and battery is working fine (there is no fast discharging as I can see).

So we got burned phone with car charger, which reacting on wall charger but won't charge through that port, only with magnetic.

The phone is out of warranty 1 month ago, and I am asking for advice because services here are not that smart and proffesional, I remember when they destroyed my old Xperia SP so won't give them Z2 that easy.

Please guys, if u can tell me what u think it can be...

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Jonas
Master

Hi @Burningeye, welcome to our forum and I'm sorry to hear about your phone.

Based on the information you have provided it does sound like it is related to hardware since it does not actually keep charging when the charger is connected to the micro USB port of the phone even when the phone is powered off.

To rule out that this is caused by the software in your phone, try performing a software repair using Xperia Companion. This will delete all data stored on the internal storage of the phone and reinstall the latest available software. Since the data is being deleted, creating a backup using Xperia Companion before starting with the repair is advised.

If there is no change after the software repair has been completed, your phone will need to be examined at an authorized service centre and your Local support team will assist you further with this matter and answer any questions that you may have regarding local service routines, warranty and so forth, so please get in contact with them.

Keep me posted!