Join now - be part of our community!

Z1 stopped detecting my headset

StarDreamer
Visitor

Z1 stopped detecting my headset

I bought a headset in January this year. I tested it in the store on my phone, since I know Xperia won't detect certain types and it all worked fine. It worked for months, until I reset my phone to default. After that, it stopped detecting the headset. It detects my other headphones fine. And I know the headset itself isn't broken since it works on other devices.

I tried contacting support and got a generic response about how Z1 doesn't support a lot of non-Sony headsets, completely disregarding the fact that mine did used to work...

I also tried to solutions I found online about updating and clearing the cache of SmartConnect and even that SoundAbout app. Nothing.

Does anyone have any ideas? 

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@StarDreamer

That's rather odd, which headphones aren't working?

StarDreamer
Visitor

It's one of those earbuds with a mic meant for phone. They are not Sony or any any famous brand. I just find it really odd the phone suddenly stopped detecting them. 

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@StarDreamer

can you share the brand and model number?

StarDreamer
Visitor

Unfortunately, it's a generic no-name headset I got in a local store. There is literally nothing written on the box. The clerk let me try them on the spot so we'd be sure they work on Z1. The best I can do is provide a picture but I doubt that would be much help. It has a 4-conductor jack and a button for the mic.

I suppose I will just have to find another headset. Z1 seems to be very picky about them though. I remember all the Sony headphones from my older phones weren't supported. 

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@StarDreamer

If you are referring to phones from 2011 and before, it was OMTP standard, from 2012 until now its CTIA