Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z2 screen not responding

Caponero
Visitor

Xperia Z2 screen not responding

Hello, I have had a Sony Xperia Z2 for 2,5 years now and it has been working smoothly without any troubles. Recently my wife's old Samsung Galaxy S2 died so she bought a used Xperia Z2 as well from a guy here in Cyprus. The phone seemed intact, no scratches, dents etc. I reset her phone to factory settings and updated to Android 6.0.1, before she starts using the phone. Everyhting seemed to work properly but after 2-3 days the screen started not responding. When pushing the power button to switch on the screen the screen simply remained black. But the phone was on. I noticed that if I insisted and pressed hard at some low part of the screen then the screen might have responded and switch on but then would immediately go black again before having the chance to use the phone. Sometimes it stays on and I can use the phone. I have tried everything, (glove mode is off), I even reset the phone back to factory settings and worked with Android 5.1 (Lollipop) but the same issue was there (so I think its a hardware problem). If anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@Caponero

If pressing on a part of the screen will trigger it to work, then it might strongly suggest a hardware issue. I dunno if contacting the previous owner would help, but the only thing we can advise is to get the phone inspected by a professional, preferably in an authorized service center. Contact your Local support to assist you more with this.